How do you copy civs from one mod to another?

BaronVonBonBon1

Chieftain
I've searched for an answer to this, but much to my disappointment I've been unable to find an answer.

Does anyone know how to take civs from one MOD (namely Rise From Erebus) and be able to use them in this MOD?

I've enjoyed RiFE immensely, and quite frankly FFH2 as a whole with all the modmods I've tried. If Firaxis were to offer these guys the full backing of their studio to make a stand-alone FFH game, I'd gladly shell out $50 for it and say thank you.

Anyway, I'd like to give Wildmana a spin. It looks great and I really like what I've read about it. The only thing is that I've grown rather attached to my Spider Empire (Archos) and the other civs included in RiFE and FF. How would I, as a MOD novice, take those additional civs from RiFE and/or FF and transfer them to Wildmana?

If an answer to this already exists and I've simply missed it; simply point me in the direction and I'll be on my way. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

moving civs is quite a bit of work. You would have to copy the XML entry for the civ, then all XML entries which it depend on (so the XML entries for the unique buildings, units ,leaders). A few of the XML tags in Rife don't exist in wildmana so you need to change too. Then you need to copy the art files. The last step is the python and this can be quite tricky if a civ depends on a lot of python and you have to search for that in several files.

The Archos would be a decent candidate for someone to start with, IMO. They don't have too much XML, and their python is mostly either the Spider Spawn (Easy to find) or tied to an 'event' with Mother.

Of course, Mother would need to be nerfed down to her FF stats, as Wild Mana does not have Monstrous Creatures merged in and would thus be WAY OP.

Top Bottom