How do you download the patch?

It might take a few minutes, and then pop-up a notification. Restart Steam and the game should be updated. I didn't notice a version number, but the screen to choose DX9 or DX10/11 was different (maybe only for Deluxe versions) and the Options from the main menu have new features. That's how I could tell in the couple of minutes before I had to go.

1. Ensure Steam is in online mode (i.e. not in offline mode).
2. Attempt to launch the game.

If that doesn't work, let me know.

I've restarted both Steam and Civ V multiple times and nothing. I did get ATI driver updates though :)

Just to get the silly questions out of the way, you are certain that the patch has not already been applied? Version number is at the bottom of the main menu screen.

Will double-check. I didn't know where to find it. But I didn't et any download messages unless the download piggy-backed with my ati driver update.

Edit: I'm sorry. I've got my system set to max resolution and couldn't see the version numbers. It's already installed :D

And, I can use my saves too! I got really lucky I guess ;)

Will double-check. I didn't know where to find it. But I didn't et any download messages unless the download piggy-backed with my ati driver update.

Edit: I'm sorry. I've got my system set to max resolution and couldn't see the version numbers. It's already installed :D

And, I can use my saves too! I got really lucky I guess ;)

Savegame problems appear to only be occurring with Deluxe edition owners.

Glad you've got it working. Sometimes it's easy to miss Steam updating a game in the background. ;)

Savegame problems appear to only be occurring with Deluxe edition owners.

Glad you've got it working. Sometimes it's easy to miss Steam updating a game in the background. ;)

Yeah, it must have happened so fast that I totally didn't see it even happening! I love my sinfully expensive system :D

I'm unable to figure out how to download the patch either. I've checked and I'm still version 1.0.0.20 (i think that's right, i know it starts with a 1 and ends with a .20). :crazyeye:

I may have turned my auto updates off, but I can't for the life of me figure out where. When I go into properties of Civ V in Steam it says they're on so I'm lost. :sad:

I'm unable to figure out how to download the patch either. I've checked and I'm still version 1.0.0.20 (i think that's right, i know it starts with a 1 and ends with a .20). :crazyeye:

I may have turned my auto updates off, but I can't for the life of me figure out where. When I go into properties of Civ V in Steam it says they're on so I'm lost. :sad:

Did you try my suggestion from above?

1. Ensure Steam is in online mode (i.e. not in offline mode).
2. Attempt to launch the game.

If that doesn't work, let me know.

If you want to change the properties of civ5 in steam, go to the Library Tab, then the Games tab. Right click on the name Civilization 5 and select Properties. Go to the updates tab, and change the appropiate box there.

Automatic updates is set to "Always keep this game up to date" as it has been, and the box is checked for Steam Cloud to "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Sid Meier's Civilization V."

I have internet connection, I have a valid, physical purchased copy of the game. Not really sure what to do at this point. I have the standard version (meaning not the deluxe version, most likely irrelevant for this). Civ V exists in my steam, but doesn't seem to update, unless i just don't know where to look to see if it is downloading/downloaded. :cry:

I appreciate your help in this matter POM, or anyone else who may decide to jump in to my rescue! ;)

Never mind. Got it working now. Strange. I restarted my computer, went into steam and went to "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" and this seemed to download something. Took a minute or so. I had done this before the restart and it immediately said I was up to date. Doing it afterward though seemed to trigger something. Either way, I'm now at 1.0.0.62 so now it's time to see if my saved game works. Hope it does, but I'll live if it doesn't.

I just hope this is a rare occurrence and i don't have to jump through hoops to do this every time it patches. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom