How do you feel about your country's leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was Ordered by President Monroe to subjugate the Seminoles in Georgia. So of course it was acceptable you're just being revisionist. He probably had the tacit approval of Monroe to go into Florida to do the same and in doing so subjugated the Seminoles there and gave Monroe political power to threaten Spain to abandon their claim to Florida. If his actions didn't have tacit approval of the President why did Monroe push Spain to abandon its claim on Florida?

I'm not talking about the Seminole Wars. I'm talking about the Trail of Tears.

Jackson was, I believe, the only US President who left office with no federal government debt and with a surplus in the treasury. I still don't see him as a Civ VI leader, though.

Exactly, he broke the law, defying the Supreme Court, in order to commit genocide. It wasn't even acceptable then.

As for Jefferson, he was a personal hypocrite, but his intellectual contributions to the very idea of modern democratic government are so huge that they dwarf that. I'd be ok with him being a leader, especially with a Louisiana Purchase type of ability that includes a Lewis and Clark (and Sacagawea) inspired Explorer replacement unit.
Adams made the Louisiana Purchase. Just saying. ;)

If you wish to discuss history, please do so in the Off Topic History forums.

Moderator Action: Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom