How do you trande in Pitboss or PBEM?

LordRahl

The Objectivist
How do you trade, in pitboss, when only you are logged in at a time? I'm on a team with a friend, and would like to give him a resource - how do I do it if he's not logged in at the time? Is there some "accept by default" setting? Thanks.

Offer the trade, and when they log on, they'll see it come up as an offer. Then they can either accept or decline it.

Just enter both sides of the trade they way you want them, then click Offer Trade. The diplomacy window will vanish and it'll feel like nothing happens. DON'T REOPEN THE WINDOW.

When your friend logs in, he'll get the screen, see you accepted, and be able to click, Offer Trade. The window will vanish, but the deal will have gone through. If he closes the window wihtout accepting your offer, it will vanish and he'll have to start over.

If you open the trade window after sending him an offer, it'll erase your offer and you'll have to do it again.

It's best to work out the terms via email or something because of how touchy the diplo screen is.

Also, if one of the elements of the trade becomes invalid, the trade will still be offered with those elements removed.

For example:
I offer you 3 techs for 1 really good tech.

Before you accept that, another player offers me that 1 really good tech for a better deal, so I accept.

Now when you log in, you will get the trade offer from me, but since I already have the really good tech, it will be removed from the trade and all that will be left is me offering you 3 techs for free.

Obviously this can be a serious problem. This is another reason to take Fosse's advice and set up the trade terms via out-of-game email and then just do it in game once you both have decided on a trade.

Top Bottom