How far away can the CS and AI players be?

Mesix

The Allfather
I don't think I have ever gone this far in a game without meeting a CS (and only 2 AI players). Granted, I did not make scouting much of a priority, choosing to warmonger instead, but wow! It is turn 175 and there is not a CS to be found and no other AI players have appeared.

Map settings are Huge Highlands map with default (12 AI and 24 CS IIRC) number of players.
Spoiler :

What experiences do other players have with finding AI and CS far, far away?

A month or so ago, I had a huge Siberian map (12 AI, 12 CS), I started in Eastern Siberia about halfway up; all the 'neighbors' AI and CS were clumped in Western 1/8 of map . I had Barbs out the Ying AND the Yang !!, filled out Liberty, Honor trees with only fish and fur resources; the barbs had the ONLY horse and iron in the game !!! (though that could have been a mod clash/cockup) . It was like T320-ish before I fought my way to first neighbor .

If not for "caravansary Trade Routes" mod, I wouldn't have made it west of Irkutsk !!

It's amazing what a difference 50 turns can make!
Spoiler :

I have a second army finishing off Attila in the southwest and about 10 other units scouting the map. Exploration through conquest is a fun change of pace from Science and Cultural VC games. Amazingly, my Minutemen have found quite a few ancient ruins after turn 200.

Top Bottom