How Far Do You Get in Your Games with the Counter? II

I know this might be tough to answer as some games that counter moves right along, ot

• Never Get to Blight

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Blight

Votes: 34 36.2%
  • One or More Horsemen

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • AC 90 - Hell Holes or Whatever They Are

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • AC 100 - Armageddon

Votes: 6 6.4%

• Total voters

Sarisin

Deity
I know this might be tough to answer as some games that counter moves right along, others it appears to be stuck. But, think about the majority of your games.

I'm thinking that most don't make it in their games to Armageddon, like me. One reason I say that is that it seems there is very little feedback on the forum when you bring up issues having to do with the later Armageddon events. I'm thinking members don't comment, well, because they never get that far.

Personally, I would say I make it all the way to Armageddon in only 1 in 6 or 7 games. I normally get one or more Horsemen and that's where my games end with some sort of victory.

Only time I even make it to blight normally is if I deliberately go out to raise it, by razing cities or something.

Otherwise, it rarely goes above 20-25.

It depends : when I follow the veil and spread it to my neighbours, it goes amazingly fast up, but when I'm not, it tends to get stuck, mostly 'cause I tend to crush AV civs to avoid blight and hell terrain.
So I don't really know how to answer this poll.:crazyeye:

I've had one game reach Armageddon, when I was playing as Hyborem. Otherwise it usually reaches somewhere between 30 and 60.

It's hard to say exactly, since although I've played about 12 different games of FFH, I've never FINISHED one yet. I just always seem to get the urge to try out another civ

I usually get to around mythril working/divine essence, though. In my Kurio game, I set Last Days on, and the AC hit 100 about that time.

In most other games, it seems to vary 25-40 by around that tech period.

I usually get one or more of the horsemen, but I will hardly ever see it get higher than 40 if the Sheaim are not in the game. AV doesn't take off well if that is the case..., but this maybe intended...

If I'm trying to keep the counter down because I don't want my cities to get Blighted, it never gets above 25. If I don't care about the counter, don't do anything to prevent AV spread, and don't worry about keeping cities I take, it gets around 70. If I'm trying to drive it up (e.g. playing as the Sheaim), it gets to 90+.

I guess my point is that as the player, I feel like I have complete control over the counter. The AI's ability to drive the counter up or keep it low is minimal.

in my last game, playing Elohim (duh) I got to 97 with "Last days" enabled (twice as fast as normal). I know I should have built more Rituals :roll: well, in my other games, I never came over 40, unless I was the one who researched Ashen Veil.

feedback: The horseman are much to strong for the AI. they wiped out 4 civ's before they reached my lands. Thanks to sanctuary I was able to withstand and fight them off at the Mercurian lands.

I think there is ONE option to have a chance against them: attack. Preferable with thierty Strength 10 units or more. But I think the AI can't do this in time.

I almost always get Armageddon in the games I actually finish. I play with Last Days, so it can go up scary fast at times.

If you've hit 90, you've practically hit 100. For me, this is usually caused by playing as the Sheaim or Infernals. I voted 100. But my games usually float around Blight; I get it, but no horsemen.

problem here imho is that if the sheaim are in game and they don't get destroyed soon, AC will go up pretty fast. if they are not in the game, or they get killed fast, it will stagnate.

I guess an easy solution would be to set a couple more leaders to like AV in the xml. amurites for example seem a nice candidate, and other evil guys as well.

I tend to only get to AC 100 by doing everything I can, to make that happen (i.e., be an active promoter of Armageddon) - prophecy of Ragnarok is a big example for this, especially in a city with no training yards and whatnot, you could churn out cheap warriors to get an AC point every couple of turns.

Still, when getting that high, you can also end up in an interesting struggle to armageddon-proof your empire, such as demonic and undead garrisons all over the place.. Stygians, Drowns, Diseased Corpses, Liches, whatever you can handle (again, it's living units the Avatar of Wrath messes with).

If I play as the Infernals or the Sheaim and build the prophesy of ragnorok I can get it to about 80, If I am playing any other race using the ashen veil I will go to somewhere around the 40s. Anything else and the world is lucky(?) if it hits 30.

I saw AC 100 two times: when played as Sheaim, and when Os-Gabella started near Alexis, created permanent alliance, and Alexis build PoR... It was on huge Erebus map, and they were in opposite map corner than I.

I generaly don't get to blight. Maybe in 5% of my games it gets high enough to see any of the horsemen. Only once, when playing as the Sheaim, did I get to Armageddon because I wanted to see what happened.

If I'm trying to keep the counter down because I don't want my cities to get Blighted, it never gets above 25. If I don't care about the counter, don't do anything to prevent AV spread, and don't worry about keeping cities I take, it gets around 70. If I'm trying to drive it up (e.g. playing as the Sheaim), it gets to 90+.

I guess my point is that as the player, I feel like I have complete control over the counter. The AI's ability to drive the counter up or keep it low is minimal.

This, minus the part about trying to raise armageddon because I never do that.

Voted for the first option because that's the more common scanario.

Strange, in my games the AC just seems to go up, and steadily too. I do play with Last Days on, but even then every few turns I hear the AC rising noise.
Early on the AC usually stays at around 10-15 from a few AI-AI wars, but once the AV is founded or Prophecy of Ragnarok is built it starts to rise. Once the Horsemen start appearing, it just explodes. I've never seen an entire AI civ wiped out by them though, usually they just manage to cripple the nearest one before they're killed.
This is with me playing Good by the way. Horsemen usually appear before t4 units are out, but t3 are widely used.
I think Last Days makes for a much more exciting game, Blight isn't really that bad, and it (for me) makes the Horsemen appear at a manageable, though tough, time. I have noticed though that Blight seems to be the hump in the curve. It seems that once it gets there, usually it'll continue to go up. Probably due to increased AI agression.

I voted One or more Horsemen btw, usually my crusade against the Evil AV worshippers cuts the rise in the counter before Hellfire or Armaggedon.

Top Bottom