• 31-40

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 40+

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

White Out

Prince
Been getting a lot of mod related crashes, blue screens of death, and other headaches. I think it's honestly just using too many mods...so I ask the community, how many mods do you use?

If you dont use mods, please don't vote

About 36 mods, but most of them are extra civs. The mods I use that change gameplay are:
Mercenary Army Expanded, Great Prophet Names, More Great Works, Art Building Tweaks, Gilbratars reef and krakatoa fix, city limits, Faster Aircraft Animations, Corperations, Citystate diplomacy, Civ IV Diplomatic features, less warmonger hate, and The religion beliefs expansion pack.

If using mods didn't disable achievements, i'd use them a lot more.

I used up to 4/5 at a time in the past, but i'd like to get all achievements before I move onto Before Earth for a good bit.

About 36 mods, but most of them are extra civs. The mods I use that change gameplay are:
Mercenary Army Expanded, Great Prophet Names, More Great Works, Art Building Tweaks, Gilbratars reef and krakatoa fix, city limits, Faster Aircraft Animations, Corperations, Citystate diplomacy, Civ IV Diplomatic features, less warmonger hate, and The religion beliefs expansion pack.

are you noticing a lot of crashes?

my mods are lord of the rings civs mod, 4 Lord of the Rings wonders as separate mods; also IGE, hannibal republic of carthage civ, and map packs. have the knights templar mod also; plus some map ones including TSL gigantic sized earth maps scenario.

are you noticing a lot of crashes?

No, although I had to do some extra stuff to get Civ IV diplomatic features and City State Diplomacy to play nice. Late game turns are also slow but not terrible. Every once in a while I get a crash but its not too bad with the amount of mods. I'v had civ V for a while with mods and its only crashed maybe 5-6 times ever. I just load up the auto save.

I use 44 mods from Smart AI to Fleet Carries. I did have a lot of problems at one time with crash's and other weird happenings. I play BNW now but at that time I also had G&K running with mods and scenarios like Empire of the Smoky Skies. That one changed natural wonders like Mt. Sinai to Chinese mountain names. I eventually got rid of the G&K stuff and turned off the DLC's, reloaded mods for just BNW and over the last few months have had only one game crash. I would like to try out the new civs people have made but I'm kind of hesitant...maybe one at a time to see how they effect the game :)

I use 2, the no Xcom\GDR Mod and Red`s diverse cultures Mod. No problems, but it`s a well know fact that the more Mods you use, the greater the instability of the game. So, keep them small.

I use 5-10 mods, broken out as follows:

*PerfectWorld3 map script (not technically technically a mod, but I count it as one)
*More Luxuries and Optimized Resource Distribution
*RED Modpack
*And then varying numbers of mod Civs; primarily the Colonialist Legacies Civs but also things like the Kingdom of Syldavia.

I have not really had any trouble with crashes; for a while I was using the History in the Making II modpack which had a minor (graphical) conflict with the More Luxuries mod, and there was a crashing issue with the unfortunately-now-probably-dead Civ IV Diplomatic Features mod a while back, but apart from those everything runs fairly smoothly.

I think the issue may be more which mods you use rather than how many unless your using a low spec system then extra mods could be pushing it over the performance tipping point.
Any crashes or issues i have had have always been mod specific or it's relationship with other mods rather than down to number of mods although i tend to only use a few quality of life mods such as info addict, trade opportunities, faster aircraft animations, quick turns and In Game Editor as well as insta-heal destroyer.

Some use 40+ mods lol

Mostly...
1) Info-Addict
2) Really Advanced Setup
3) Ingame Editor (but only when i need a quick & easy test on anything)

4) A number of various Mapping stuff (ex; Dymaxion, Communitas, etc) - as needed.

5) My own Z-UI (complete recoloring of interface and assets) & Z-Eras (custom splash screens) while i keep juggling between Vanillla gameplay, G&K and/or BNW.

Top Bottom