How many people here still play civ3?

I play constantly (Sometimes as much as several times a week, but having a live-in girlfriend makes that difficult. lol).

But I rarely play the epic built-in game anymore...kinda got burnt out on it. I am mostly creating too, and then playing those creations.

I'd love to start playing others' mods, but I can't download files that size at the moment...:(

I play civ III alongside making my mod. Mainly when I feel like I've been doing too much modding, I take a break a break from modding without having to take one from civ! Also, I'm constantly playtesting my mod during it's creation.

Actually I started playing civ3 more after civ4 came out. I did let go of playing civ3 litlte bet when I was waiting for civ4, but after my disapointment with new one I came back to civ3.
I wonder why they discard some nice features they discovered in previous game and not include or expand it in new one? Or improve graphics instead of changing it into something that does not work?

I play occasionally. It's a matter of time and mood...
(ie about every 10 days between playing and if started playing a few days)

Yep, still play occasionally (not everyday or anything). But there is nothing like playing a great scenario. I have been recently playing WH2.5 again, and these Epic mods are quite great, due to the variety and difference from the boring original Epic. There are so many mods out there that I have yet to check out, it gives huge variety to choose from and to keep the Civ3 games going.

Tom

About a month ago I was waiting every day to get home so I could play it, but not so much now.

I usually play off and on like that.

Don't play much anymore. While I do occasionally, I enjoy creating a whole lot more. I guess I've played it to it's limits and now I just wait for an update that will probably never come or steph's game or something similar to come out. I still really enjoy playing when I do, but it just doesn't happen much anymore.

Ahhh, PredatorFett, the Decepticons... now that would be an awesome Civ3 Mod! Autobots vs Decepticons... I use to watch Transformers everyday (when it was on 20 something years ago). I've just begun trying to make units using Poser, if I get good enough (Big IF... but it is possible), I could try making a few (of course I have no idea yet how difficult it would be to make a Transformer actually transform when modeling a unit - It's probably on the TOP BAR of all difficulty scales).

Tom

I haven't played in two months. :blush: Too busy these days, but once this week is over, I can go back to Civ3 modding and playing. :)

I play my own mod... But I haven't been able to play it fully yet, I usually start a game, play enough to start a part, tweak some settings and start again ...

But it's summer, and I have more time as I come home from the office at 4 pm instead of 5:30. It will surely decrease in September.

The only reason why I have Civ3 is so that Flicster will work properly.

Occasionally I play original epic games or epic mods. The original epic game is fast and sometimes I (my schedule) prefer its shorter gameplay. Epic mods or scenarios can take up a lot of time, but it is definitely worth playing some of them. However my computer's weak performance limits my choices for example I could never play earth-based or big ww2 mods with many preplaced cities/units.

I play and create almost every day. I mod whenever I can.

I play Hotseat, MP and PBEM games quite often, and my game is modded beyond recognition.

Top Bottom