How many trading posts do you build ?

Magean

Prince
Hi,

I find myself building trading posts mainly on jungles - because they eventually yield 2 food, 3 science and 2 gold - or in puppet cities. Otherwise, I simply build farms, because I want my cities to grow, or mines/lumber mill for production. I usually get enough money from trade routes.

And you ?

Thanks in advance

Jungles and puppets. Also those jungles tiles can yield 1 production from hydroplant when on a river and 1 culture with the Sacred Path pantheon.

I usually add two on a grassland per city under my control and spam the puppets with trading posts. I don't go out of my way to replace terrain that's already improved though. Commerce and rationalism both make trading posts worthwhile. At this point, I would argue that they have been devalued compared to growth improvements.

Early game i sometimes add them to none river grass tiles for extra options when shuffling my cities away from full growth for any reason (usually early game happiness issues) then depending on my strategy and what i want to do with that city i may replace them later with farms.

With universities i obviously spam them on every available jungle tile and obviously spam them all over puppets in general. If i plan long term to annex a puppet i will more likely improve it as i would a normal city so i have less work to do when i do annex it.

If i have a filler/resource grabbing city i have little interest in growing and only made to grab a vital piece of land/resource i may also use a lot of TP's for that city depending on the food situation around that city.

Early game i sometimes add them to none river grass tiles for extra options when shuffling my cities away from full growth for any reason (usually early game happiness issues) then depending on my strategy and what i want to do with that city i may replace them later with farms.

With universities i obviously spam them on every available jungle tile and obviously spam them all over puppets in general. If i plan long term to annex a puppet i will more likely improve it as i would a normal city so i have less work to do when i do annex it.

If i have a filler/resource grabbing city i have little interest in growing and only made to grab a vital piece of land/resource i may also use a lot of TP's for that city depending on the food situation around that city.
Yup, I handle them in the same way.

At least most of the time - sometimes I just do stupid things: I had an interesting game a few days ago where I had to plant a city on a site that basically didn't have ANY production at all, but TONS of jungle and some +gold ressources. I spammed trading posts and temporarely sent a few food caravans to make it grow - the result was a nice science- and gold-powerhouse that wasn't able to build anything itself. I probably lost 3-4 times the gold it produced just by buying all the science- gold- and culture-related buildings it needed while it crippled my happiness. :lol:

In non-puppet-cities Trading Posts are a nice way to make some profit when "sealing" a city that already works the way you want it to work. (...hope that makes sense oO)

Top Bottom