How many turns?

TallNSturdy

Chieftain
I got my best win so far, domination\emporer\small\standard on turn 177. That was a huge leap for me and don't know if I will be able to get it again. Trying to figure out what is a good amount of turns in the different map\time\level types to win the game. What is your typical win turn timing?

Win\level\map\size\time

Dom - Emp - Pangea - Small - Standard on 177
Science - Emp - Continents - Standard - Standard - 325
Diplomacy - Emp - Continents - Standard - Standard - 340

I play on Huge maps so i never win a Domination Victory. Last game i had took untill 1946(cant remember the turn)

I asked a similar question a few months back when I'd played an immortal huge map and won a science victory at 306 turn and was impressed how well I'd done. I was curious how that shaped up to the best turns of other players. My jaw dropped when other players talked about winning on science by turn 260. I read a few strategy threads and realised I had a lot ot learn.

The best science victory I've had since then is standard continents turn 245. Better players get it even earlier. And on larger maps it's allegedly easier - more RA's to sign. But sometime around 250 turns is possible for a science victory if you go for the HS, PT, astronomy rush strat.

I asked a similar question a few months back when I'd played an immortal huge map and won a science victory at 306 turn and was impressed how well I'd done. I was curious how that shaped up to the best turns of other players. My jaw dropped when other players talked about winning on science by turn 260. I read a few strategy threads and realised I had a lot ot learn.

The best science victory I've had since then is standard continents turn 245. Better players get it even earlier. And on larger maps it's allegedly easier - more RA's to sign. But sometime around 250 turns is possible for a science victory if you go for the HS, PT, astronomy rush strat.

I'll try to find your thread.. Couldn't find any (I didn't look too hard to be honest). I was hoping for a mix of "pro" players and casual so I could get a feel if I am a noob or have actually been able to figure some stuff out. Don't play MP so I don't really have a whole lot to compare with.

Things will probably change now that G&K is out, but on Deity/Standard/Pangaea turn 200 science is possible; although around 235 is more consistent/realistic (for context, Deity AI launches around turn 250-300). Domination games usually go later in my experience, but you can pull off Diplo around the same time frame and I think my best deity culture is around 270.

Top Bottom