How many Vote Chess games should we have going at once?

How many Vote Chess games should we have going at once?

• Total voters
Also, do you like the 24-hour time control or should we get some faster matches going?

12 hours per move... 1 hour :crazyeye: (might be too much unless we have at least a couple good players logged on at any given hour)

I'd say 24 hour is good since we have people from all around the world, and it allows for everyone actually having the ability to contribute. If we did one hour, we'd definitely end up having stretches of one person having to play for several hours for the team since no one else would be on. :crazyeye:

I'd like to see more vote games than we have right now too, since they are mandatory-day-long turns..

Yeah, I'm leaning towards four at a time myself.

Maybe we could also have one one-hour per move game just for fun. Keep in mind we'd only actually be moving every TWO hours since the opponent would have an hour to think also.

Edit : What the heck are you talking about Narz, it would be every 1 hour.

I think a prerequisite for a multi-man(woman) vote game would be that those voting would have to make very explicit the motivation (and tactical possibilities inherent in the moves they were voting for).

I'll wait for more feedback before I start one though. :)

I voted for 3... but honestly if there are too many for my pace, I just won't sign up :D

I'm not likely to participate in a fast game, but I wouldn't mind lurking one.

thanks for the feedback, like I said I won't start more until I get a sense of how many people want going at once. :)

(well except I'll start a second one once we beat "Win or Lose on your own")

Personally I like the 24 hour time control. The entire point of vote chess is to have time to discuss the moves with eachother.

Well the point of chess is to have time to think about your moves but people still play blitz. ;)

Vote blitz, now that would be fun. You'd play online (or at least on computers or some sort of digital thingy) and all players on the team would have to make a move within ten seconds. Though I feel like one person playing alone might just beat a team of people playing like this.

It always seems to be the opponents' turn whenever I log on to chess.com.. hmm..

I'm gonna go ahead & start one more (since I can't imagine our 2nd vote match going on much longer :D). I think two is good for now but maybe when our WoLoYo match is over I'll start a third just to see how that goes.

I can't resist, I'm gonna start an 6hr-per-move match. :D That's still only two moves a day (four half moves) so it shouldn't be a problem as long as the time zone deciding on their move makes clear what the long term strategic & tactical plan is. :)

Good question. Maybe chess.com just makes a random move for us.

Or probably we forfeit.

I imagine with at least one person will be able to vote in time each time.

You forfeit on time.

I was involved in a 1 hour vote game - you need folk right round the globe!
Never again

Well, we ought to be ok with 6 hours.

We got two going now against the "Fast Players Group", the #1 rated Vote Chess Team on chess.com (out of 419 teams) so lets give it our best! :)

Top Bottom