How many Vote Chess games should we have going at once?

How many Vote Chess games should we have going at once?

• Total voters
Every 6 hours actually! I figure we have enough guys in pretty much every time zone from Asia to Australia to the US to Euope to have at least one vote during every six hour block.

No, you were right to begin with. A 6 hour game has 4 ply (half moves) per day, two for each team. So a vote comes due every 12 hours. Assume the game kicks off at midnight:

0000-0559 White votes
0600-1159 Black votes
1200-1759 White votes
1800-2359 Black votes

Same goes for a 1 day game, you can actually check the game every 2 days. On the opposite days the opponent is voting, and you can't do anything till their vote ends.

Yeah I realized that after I edited myself but then was too lazy to edit my post. Technically you can't check exactly every 12 hours or it will be too late (more like every 11:59).

This Vote tournament is helping me see the value of fewer games at once. It's definitely hard for a small group like ours (I mean we have 110 members but only 10-15 vote chess players) to manage so many games at once.

I'm still glad we took this tournament on since all our games are interesting and instructive, IMO, but once it's over I think we should stick to four or five max.

Do people like the 48 hour games? I feel like it gives time for everyone to put in their comments but I can also see how it might so so long people forget about the games. The 24-hour games do give more of a sense of urgency.

I don't bother, because I tend to forget that exists. It's the main reason I disabled it in my own group. ;)

Top Bottom