• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

how much do 32 mb video cards cost?

bigdog5994

Lady Day
do any of you guys know how much a 32 mb vidoe card cost?

i got halo for a gift and it says my video card doesnt meet the requirements so i was just wondering

I don't know of any cards that come with 32MB still. But you can get a 64MB video card for about $20. The minimum requirements are the basic needs, never try and meet just the minimum requirements. Otherwise you will have a miserable time trying to play the game,

Those you can find for free at nearest junkyard. I'd be pleased to send you one, but I think mailing the card would cost more than it would be worth.

If you're planning upgrading you'll need to know all the specs of your computer so you can get a card with performance in par with the rest of your system. No need to blow 100$ if a 50$ card will do.

you could get a much better 128 meg video card for around $50 or so. a Geforce 6200 would serve you very well. I would suggest avoiding the nvidia FX series. May also want to check out a Radeon 9250.

a new 32 meg video card would not be worth it, for you can buy a 128 meg at around the same price and they are much better. most 32 meg video cards are sold at used electronic stores now, and thoes kind of places are horrible for buying used computer hardware.

check these cards out
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2448083&CatId=694
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1194304&CatId=694

I think you just MIGHT want a new computer.

32 megs, ANCIENT. 64 megs, obsolete, 128, out of date, 256, bare mininum, 512 mininum, 768 + up recomended.

That's my opinion on RAM.

For a graphics card: 128 mininum, 256 recomended. 512 pricy.

inimum system requirements• Operating System: Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows Second Edition, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me), Microsoft Windows 2000, or Microsoft Windows XP.
• Computer/Processor: 733 megahertz (MHz) processor.
• DirectX: DirectX® 9.0 or later. (DirectX 9.0b is installed by Halo.)
• Memory: 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM.
• Hard Disk: 1.2 gigabytes (GB) of free hard disk space.
• Video card: 32 MB with 3D Transform and Lighting capable.
• CD: 8X.
• Sound: Sound card, speakers, or headphones with multiplayer play.
• *56.6 Kilobytes per second (KBps) modem or 10 MB network adapter. Multiplayer servers require broadband to run a server.
• *Additionally, you must have an Internet Service provider (ISP) or a Local Area Network (LAN), if you want to play multi-player games.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829479

I am doubtful of that 32 megabyte card req, seems EXTREMELY low to me.

thanks everyone for the info its very useful i think im gonna put my money on the geforce 6200 thanks dragokatzov for that link

and scamp i dont think i need a new computer the only thing "old' about mine is the video card i had it since 1999, i meet all the other requirements

thanks everyone for the info its very useful i think im gonna put my money on the geforce 6200 thanks dragokatzov for that link

and scamp i dont think i need a new computer the only thing "old' about mine is the video card i had it since 1999, i meet all the other requirements

How old is your machine exactly?

i have no idea how old it is but its been upgraded a million and ten times so its just a little outdated

Perhaps a new computer is the way to go though. I thought my 512MB RAM with GeForce 5200FX 3.06Ghz processer was old!

Pay attention to the card's connector type. Is it Pci, AGP, or Pci-E. Some cards are made with versions that have different slots. Same card-different slot. AGP won't fit into Pci-e or Pci or vica versa. AGP 8x will work in AGP 4x but watch out for cards that have different voltages. I believe Pci will work in Pci-e 16x or 8x. Not sure about the other way around. Pci-e is probably not a concern anyway-not sure how much or PC has been upgraded.

you guys must remember too, not everyone wants or can afford a new computer. one of my neighbors still has an AMD k6-2 400, but all she uses it for is email and running a few craft programs (old lady) she doesn;t really need a brand new core 2 duo with 4 gigs a ram, and 2 8800 GTXs in SLI to do this. her computer works just fine for her. so if it works for you, and you are happy with the preformance, why buy a new computer?

you guys must remember too, not everyone wants or can afford a new computer. one of my neighbors still has an AMD k6-2 400, but all she uses it for is email and running a few craft programs (old lady) she doesn;t really need a brand new core 2 duo with 4 gigs a ram, and 2 8800 GTXs in SLI to do this. her computer works just fine for her. so if it works for you, and you are happy with the preformance, why buy a new computer?

A) It's would be only 1 8800 :p

B) It helps the economy?

3 ems thanks alot for that i do actually have a 32 mb video drive just not one with 3D transform and lighting

It doesnt matter, you dont want a 32 mb card.

If money is a problem if anything i would suggest the most up to date card.

Why? It will become obselete eventually and the 32 mb card is already obselete so it wouldnt last long at all.

Xanikk, your still missing the point. Would you spend money on a huge ass SUV if your only going to go to the store thats less than a block away? well, some people would - i wouldn't. some people don't need or want the big fancy new things....

i got a 128mb video card for $30 at a local computer part store and halo works just fine now, thanks for all you guys help

Top Bottom