How Should CivFanatics Refer to "Civilization IV: Colonization" in the Forums?

How should CivFanatics refer to "Civilization IV: Colonization"?

• Col

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • CCol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Col2

Votes: 66 37.7%
  • Col4

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • CivCol

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Civ4Col

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • C4C

Votes: 29 16.6%
  • C4Col

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • CLon

• CivZ

• Colonization

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Colonization Two

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Second Iteration of the Colonization Franchise...(more)

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Ethel the Aardvaark Goes Quantity Surveying

Votes: 15 8.6%

• Total voters

thelibra

Future World Dictator
There was a thread about this, and someone actually suggested a poll so the results could be a little easier to tabulate. Though the majority so far have said Col2, it seems only fair to actually set up a poll. I've taken all the suggestions from the other thread and added one.

Since polls are limited to 100 chars, option 13 in full is actually "Second Iteration of the Colonization Franchise Built Around the Civilization IV Game Engine Standalone Game by Sid Meier".

To clear up any confusion, the point of this poll is to figure out how Civilization IV: Colonization will be referred to in forum-speak shorthand. Obviously no one is going to come to your house and beat up your dog if you don't use the phrase, but at least if gives strategy guide writers and frequent forum browsers a common frame of reference.

Col2 Working fine, or is the best option, so i took it... :)
And for And for you Henry1107 (??), there is no banana option, and if somebody asks, and you say banana... well, i don't know :)

C4C is what I voted.

It can't be called Col2 as Firaxis has already stated that this game is in fact NOT Col2.

To me it is Colonization...the original was too long with out a sequel; it is a remake of the original= Colonization :goodjob:

For me its close. Col 2 sounds fine. But refers to a game that is a decade old and some youngsters may not know it. Also, I do believe that Civ 4 should be mentioned, as it is the basis. Voted Civ4Col

I'm actually in disagreement with all the options. Col2 isn't really appropriate, as it's a remake more than a sequel, and besides there's no "2" anywhere. Civ4Col should be appropriate, but "Civilization IV" is there only for marketing purposes, which is why I refuse to acknowledge the acronym. It's like calling Quake 4 "Doom 3: Quake 4" just because it uses the same engine as Doom III.

I guess I'll just call it Colonization, and specify "the remake" if necessary. Eventually, the only one that'll be called differently is the original game, as we'll get more used to the newer version.

I predict with almost 100% certainty that it will be referred to as Col2 or Col II in these forums for the near future, when it has been out for a while, folks will drop the 2 or II :D

Col4 = banana option.

Also, Col4 = Col2 option, so don't be distracted by the Col2 option, as that's a misnomer.

In fact, Col4 = the only option, as I explained in that other thread. :D

Col4 = banana option.

Also, Col4 = Col2 option, so don't be distracted by the Col2 option, as that's a misnomer.

In fact, Col4 = the only option, as I explained in that other thread. :D

BAH :backstab:

It should be Col. If there's ever a situation where there's ambiguity I'll just type Original Col for the original. I'll gladly type 300% more characters (including the space) on the rare occasion I mention the original over typing 33% more characters ever time I type 'Col#'.

Ok, I change my mind, from the bigining i wanted CivIV: Col, i don't know why I voted col2 but.... I vote Civ4Col... :)

C4C is seriously stupid. I've seen it a few times, and had to struggle to deduce its meaning.

Col2 is intuitive, and the only option. Keep it simple.

Is it just me or is the last option supposed to be Electronic Arts Game Quality Sucks? Could just be a big coincidence of course!

Top Bottom