How to Activate Mod mods

Darksaber1

Secret Emperor
My main question is how to set turn the dowload file into a file that modmods can be used with. When I check the dowload file, there's no assets or anything. Please help. What to play Fall Further nd what not, but don't want to acidentally wreck Fall from Heaven.

Depends on which ModMod you are working with I suppose. But to my knowledge most of us keep the .zip file set up so that there is an Assets folder, and everything else is inside of that.

If it was designed to be a modular file, they might have only included their own folders, in which case it should be placed in Assets/Modules.

Otherwise, it hopefully came with instructions, or includes everything inside of an Assets folder. If so, it is best to copy your Fall from Heaven 2 032 folder, rename it, then overwrite the Assets folder in the newly named destination (and delete the Resources folder, since you don't need that anywhere but in the main Fall from Heaven 2 032 folder).

I basically have two copies of FfH in my BTS/mods directory... one is vanilla FfH, the other is for FF. If, when you say "What to play Fall Further nd what not," you mean that you want to play Fall Further, you pretty much have to do the above if you want to easily switch between that and regular ol' FfH.

Okay, what I ment was when I download Fall from Heaven, it is just a download and install file. I don't know if I have to do anything with this to use modmods.
Edit: I tried adding Fall Further, and Nothing happened. I cant open the Fall From Heaven file, so I can't place the Fall Further File anywhere specific.

I think I've been forgotten. Please help!

I basically have two copies of FfH in my BTS/mods directory...

I think I have 6 at this point. :) Though it's been awhile since I've accessed most.

Darksaber1:

FFH2 by default installs to
'your civ4 directory'/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Fall from Heaven 2 032/

Inside "Fall from Heaven 2 032" you'll find several folders, one of which is "Assets".

The Fall Further download is a .zip file. Unzip it and you'll find an "Assets" folder with a bunch of subfolders and files inside. Copy that Assets folder over the one in "Fall from Heaven 2 032". If asked allow any files to be over-written.

The result will be when you go to play FFH2 you'll get FFH2+all the FF content. If you want to keep a copy of FFH2 without FF you'll have to make a copy of the "Fall from Heaven 2" folder before installing FF. I then rename whichever one I'm not using and call the one I am using "Fall from Heaven 2" - So my shortcut never changes, but it's actually pointing to different things. I imagine there's a better way to do it, though.

You can never mess anything up by using modular mods. However, I like many make copies of the folder under /mods/ aka the /Fall from Heaven 2 032/ folder.

Call it /Fall from Heaven 2 032 Modular/

Then when you look in the /mods/ folder there should be:
/Fall from Heaven 2 032/
/Fall from Heaven 2 032 Modular/

Now go into the .ini file that you find in your /Fall from Heaven 2 032 Modular/ folder. Change modular load to '1' and save. Make sure that the .ini file have the same name as the folder. In this example Fall from Heaven 2 032 Modular.ini.

Then put the files into /Fall from Heaven 2 032 Modular/Assets/Modular/<name of your modular mod>.

Run.

You can't mess anything up that way. Good luck.

Okay, I looked, and I can't get inside the fall from heaven program. It's just an installer, nothing more.

I'm confused. You installed FfH, right, and now you're trying to install Fall Further.

If I'm understanding this correctly, you're trying to open your Fall From Heaven directory by double-clicking the installer that you downloaded?

If so, have you actually installed Fall from Heaven yet? If not, run the installer and install it. If you have, then where did you install it to? (If you don't remember, go to Start->Search-> and type in Fall from Heaven). If it's installed in the default directory (you didn't change anything when you installed it), double click on My Computer, then C:, then program files, then Sid Meir's Civ 4, then Beyond the Sword, then Mods. You should see a folder labeled Fall from Heaven 2 032 in there. Click on the folder, got to edit, and pick "copy". Then you go to edit again, and pick paste. Then...

Actually, can someone else take it from here?

[Edit] Actually, just to be sure, are you using Windows or a Mac.

Windows XP. I installed it, but it diddn't create any other files.

Okay, I looked, and I can't get inside the fall from heaven program. It's just an installer, nothing more.

If you're refering to this:
Inside "Fall from Heaven 2 032" you'll find several folders, one of which is "Assets".

I meant the folder "Fall from Heaven 2 032" that should be installed, not the installer.

Run the installer again and check something, if you would: Where does it want to install the files by default, and where do you tell it to put them?

It sounds like your installer might just be corrupted.

Please describe exactly what it says when you run the installer.

You do understand that the game will not be installed in the same place as the actual installer file, correct?

Yes, but my mods file is empty in BTS. And I can play Fall from Heaven.
Edit: When I run hte installer, the game instales and I can play.

Yes, but my mods file is empty in BTS. And I can play Fall from Heaven.
Edit: When I run hte installer, the game instales and I can play.

If you've installed it in the default location, you want to look in C:\Program Files\Sid Meiers Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\ . There will be a Fall from Heaven directory in there and that's the one you need to add the modmod to.

==

When Fall Further 040 is released, I'm actually including an installer that will do the whole thing for you (including duplicating the normal Fall from Heaven install first - so you have both FfH and FfH:FF).

FOUND!!!! It was hidden in an obscurefile in an obscure secton of my computor!
Edir: will I lose any saved games in regular Fall from Heaven, or can I avoid this by copyiny any folders?

I've done all the instructions for adding fall further, but All I get is Fall from Heaven, nothing else. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Try doing this: start up Beyond the Sword, click Advanced, and then click Load a Mod. Is Fall Further in the list there?

Yes, but when I click it, it takes me to a regular version of Fall from Heaven.

Top Bottom