how to add a country

Johnniecash

Chieftain
Hello!

I´m testing out this mod which I so far think is superb!

However I would like to have the opportunity to play as Denmark in it and therefor ask if this is hard to implement?

The fact is that I found the country in another mod, Modular United Mod;
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=297504

However with my limited knowledge of modding, is it easily doable to add them in?

Would greatly appreciate it!

Well I think I really managed to add Denmark to the mod! Yay for me :)

However it ain't over until the fat lady sings and so even I still have a few troubles to solve.

Firstly, For some reason Champlain has become my european king. It says "Champlain - Champlain" when I look above his picture conducting diplomacy with him. Any got a clue why or how I could change this to someone more proper?

Secondly I can not see my leaders picture. Not a big problem but don´t know if it has anything to do with the other problems. Anyone know where I should put it?

Thirdly and last I can not see my danish flag :( Might as well be related to former question, so where should it be?

Please please help me with this as I´ve come so far now. Thanks in advance!

What I´ve done is to merge Modular United mods danish file section with AoDII. I followed the advise from this sticky thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8233224&postcount=52

In which file/files to you "connect" your colony with the king? or is it managed in another way?

Because I modded in a danish king and put info about him pretty much in every file I changed for my danish colony. So seems to me I either forgot to put him in some file or if info should be added in another file (remember I mostly copy & pasted the info from United Modular mods so haven't tweaked arount to much)

thanks for your reply though!

Where can i find the civilization.xml file? made a search and the closest was AoFDMod_CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization and AoFDMod_CIV4CivilizationInfos. None simply nammed civilization.xml :(

Although a great mod I find it very confusing learning how to mod within the AoDII. There are multiple folders named the same and they are placed seemingly randomly making it very hard to know which one is the "working one" and which are "dummies".

Tested out the East India mod which were very simple when it comes to structure, at least for countries. But this thread wasn't about bashing this great mod and I'm sure there are reasons why it looks like it do so I´ll leave it from here :)

Are there any special lines I should look for where the colony and mother country is connected? Could ease up my serach.

And on the flag question, do you happend to know were I should put those flags for denmark within this mod? Or pictures in general, then I would be greatly thankful.

Again thanks!

Update: I took a look in the Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml file where I found a line named <DerivativeCiv> on the different "nations". However Denmark (the colony) had none and Denmark_Europe (the king) had Civilization_Denmark within the tags, so it seems everything is ok there (doublechecked and Civilization_Denmark is the name of the colonies).

Update2: I found within the Assets/xml folder a civilization folder with the file above as well were I hadn't put the danish nor the danish king within. But doing so just crashed the game at start up so that seemed rather pointless.

Alright so I made some testing and had some conclusions not yet solutions.

As Russia is already within the mod I started toying with the idea to remake them. So I simply put them on the ozzy's America map. No problems there except for that they had none king at all!

It seemed out of this first that Champlain wasn't my king but when going into diplomacy with him I can only ask him to spare military units for me (typical king issue) so I guess his still my king :(

I read on the forum that to many comments could be a problem but this seems not to have helped. This is when I was in the Civilizationinfo file (where I found out about those deriviates). As mentioned before I see there are one such file in the xml folder and one in the Module/AoDII folder. Do you know which one the game is using?

Whaaaaat is wrrooooong with this modded mod!!

Alright so I made some testing and had some conclusions not yet solutions.

As Russia is already within the mod I started toying with the idea to remake them. So I simply put them on the ozzy's America map. No problems there except for that they had none king at all!

It seemed out of this first that Champlain wasn't my king but when going into diplomacy with him I can only ask him to spare military units for me (typical king issue) so I guess his still my king :(

I read on the forum that to many comments could be a problem but this seems not to have helped. This is when I was in the Civilizationinfo file (where I found out about those deriviates). As mentioned before I see there are one such file in the xml folder and one in the Module/AoDII folder. Do you know which one the game is using?

Whaaaaat is wrrooooong with this modded mod!!

Don't really know much about modding, but i think if there is a file in the Mods/AoDII folder it will be loaded after/over the one with the same name in the original game. Also AodII needs the path name/directory to be named correctly for it to work properly, ie if you called the folder Mods/AoD it won't load everything properly.

Thanks Kaibayashi, that should drag down the number of files I should be looking through then.

But do you or anyone else happend to know which files that might intterupt or handle the connection between king and colony? The only one so far that I´ve found is the civilizationinfo.xml but everything seemed to be ok there. I also looked in the map through notepad and checked everything was ok there. The civilizations doesn't have to be in a certain line there as long as they are given a unique team number, right?

I would also appreciate any help on turning on the russians as then it would not be to much work transforming them into Denmark. But as for know it seems it´s almost the same problem there.

Top Bottom