how to auto improve a base in map making

Paridoth

Chieftain
im pretty new to all this and i just started making my own current events world map containing 25 civs starting im the year 1980, all with anywhere from 3 (cuba) to 25 (america) citys.
however when i fist make these citys there pretty much naked, so i was wondering is there an easy way to give them base faccilities, as well as a way to automaticly give them the best fitting improvments around there cities? instead of going to each individual city and making improvments around them and manually giving them fitting base facilities

thanks

If you mean having them from the beginning, you could use a few SWs that each give one basic facility. Then you place the SWs in the capital/main cities and that´s it.

Forgot to say that. :blush:
Welcome to CFC! :beer:

thanks for the welcome =D

what are sw's? and what do you mean by "have the palace place and improvment"

what im pretty much trying to do is make it so all the cities start out with all the nearby improvments that they would have had if they had had workers on automate for hundreds of turns, since im starting the game out in the year 1980 and in the modern era all the cities are around naked land, with no improvments. if i were to have it like this i would have newyork with a pop of 20, with no irrigation, no mines an not even something as simple aas a temple or a granary. and the only way i can see to do this is by manually going to every city *which would number in the hundreds) and giving them imprvments around them, and going into the city and clicking on al the facilities i want to give them.

SW = small wonder
We were both wrong. Only great wonders can place a building in every city. That doesn't mean it can't be done, just that you will need to have pre-placed wonders for each civ. It's still a lot less work than placing all buildings individually though. Use the Gain in every city (on continent) boxes to set which building is given.

thanks a bunch, that will save time, im not quite sure where the "Gain in every city box" is in the editor though, could you tell me where i could find it? and is there any hope for the terrain enhancments? or will i have to do those manually?

Top Bottom