How to do Babylon Bowmen rush on Immortal?

fallout3dc

Warlord
I am switching over to the Babylonians for a little while and I want to take another civilization down asap with the bowmen. Should I still research writing first or archery? How many should I get? I want to rush because Seoul is about 12 hexes from Babylon :D

I've seen a write up on this before and tried it to good effect. The strat was pretty simple. Get writing first, if I recall, then archery and animal husbandry as you build bowmen. Take your first settler and send it right next to your first victim, and as soon as you get to composite bowmen after the previous techs, you use saved up gold to upgrade all your bowmen (4+) and take down your first victim. After that, you beeline to crossbowmen, and take down your next victim after you upgrade all your composite bowmen.

I managed to get both the Shoshones and Indonesians capital, found 2 cities, get capital to size 15, and build National College with this pre turn 100. However, I had no friends and Spain attacked me with this army that will be annoying to fight off without anything to get. Is their any trick to keeping relations with other civs good when doing this strategy?

The one strat I read was for continents, and if you can wipe out your island of civ's before other civ's can cross the ocean, no one will know your crimes. Of course the times I tried, the Polynesians messed up that strat.

Take your first settler and send it right next to your first victim, and as soon as you get to composite bowmen after the previous techs, you use saved up gold to upgrade all your bowmen (4+) and take down your first victim. After that, you beeline to crossbowmen, and take down your next victim after you upgrade all your composite bowmen.

That sounds like the early rush for every civ. How is it tuned for Babylon?

Oh yeah, you research writing first. I disagree with getting comp bows ASAP, though--bowmen are half price! And only two points weaker. Spam the bowmen.

Babylon can greatly delay upgrades to Composites. Yes, the rush is basically spam Bows and then use the starting warrior to finish off.

But I note that Bowmen work even better defending from someone elses rush, especially if you cash rush Walls of Babylon.

That sounds like the early rush for every civ. How is it tuned for Babylon?
What is special about Babylon is they get to plant an early academy, racing them through the early techs in no time. But yeah, it would likely work for any civ, Babylon just does it better.

Yeah, I would most likely get archery first. Its just 1 tech, then go get the academy.

I would try to plunder the ai land until you get to upgrade your bowmen to composites so that you won't lose them on purpose.

Top Bottom