How to excavate heroic relics?

playshogi

Emperor
I've got my archeologist next to Anansi's relic, but when I move onto the tile there is no option to recover the relic. The slot in Anansi's home monument is empty. Is it because the relic is on the same tile as a district that I can't get it?

Attachments

• Anansi relic.PNG
    Anansi relic.PNG
    207.6 KB · Views: 161
How do you know Anansi's relic is there?

I'm pretty sure I have excavated heroic relics from district tiles before

The Heroic Relic will not appear exactly where the hero dies, but only in the general vicinity, afaik. So look around for archeological sites close to the marked point.

Btw. a good trick is that archeological sites that appear underneath districts always are heroic relics and thus can be excavated without consuming archeologist charges.

The Heroic Relic will not appear exactly where the hero dies, but only in the general vicinity, afaik. So look around for archeological sites close to the marked point.

Btw. a good trick is that archeological sites that appear underneath districts always are heroic relics and thus can be excavated without consuming archeologist charges.
Not always.
I had a couple appear under districts recently and I do not use Heroes mode - ever.

I've had times where I was positive I knew where a heroic relic was and yet wasn't able to find it. I've always just assumed an AI archeologist came and grabbed it before I could. Maybe check the trade screens to see if anyone swiped it before you could get to it?

I've had times where I was positive I knew where a heroic relic was and yet wasn't able to find it. I've always just assumed an AI archeologist came and grabbed it before I could. Maybe check the trade screens to see if anyone swiped it before you could get to it?

I think the most recent update maybe gave much greater flexibility on where they can appear. I had one in my last game where the heroic relic was like 10+ tiles away from where the hero died. Whereas I'm pretty sure my first Heroes game they were always within 2-3 tiles.

Thanks, for the responses, but they just made me realize that you can't guarantee ever finding these heroic relics without getting "lucky". I also realize that the white sign in my screenshot is just what I typed in as the name for my pin and not the game telling me where to find it.

Reactions: PiR
I found a Heroic Relic 8 tiles away in my last gameplay (always putting marker on hex Hero died). I don't have any issue with how far those relics can spawn. (looking for them is kinda fun) As long as they do not spawn underneath a mountain. :mischief:

Reactions: PiR
When you do find the heroic relic, is it always under a normal antiquity site or should I be looking for something else?

When you do find the heroic relic, is it always under a normal antiquity site or should I be looking for something else?
Yes, always antiquity site. (within a certain distance from where hero died first time, but sometimes on the exact hex)

Top Bottom