How to get an uber fast CV?

BobiB420

Warlord
As the title suggests, I'm looking for an understanding of methods involved in achieving a very fast Culture Victory. HoF has a few BNW CVs at 0BC, and a few earlier than that, with the earliest one I could find achieving CV at 525BC. I figured it involved getting Parthenon ASAP, immediately followed by writers guild and filling writer slots the moment it's built, all the while frantically chopping forests to speed up the process, with a source of marble nearby and using Monument to the Gods pantheon.

After a few attempts I thought maybe I had to play a game with some culture oriented civs, so that I could conquer their caps and steal their great works. They never built GWs in my games (everything from Settler to King) before 0BC, so I assumed that stealing their art wasn't a feasible option, unless on harder difficulties which also make it harder for me to build GL in order to get Drama tech.

I would open on Tradition, taking Aristocracy for the wonder bonus, and by the time my next (3rd) Policy comes around I've just completed GL and use #3 to open Aesthetics for the writer/artist boost, with #4 policy being Fine arts to provide over double culture (Epic Pace, OCC 22 happiness adds 11cp to my +9cpt) which very quickly nets my policy #5 which I pick artistic genius for the GA to make a GW. It seems I can't surpass 8 tourism before reaching 0BC, and it doesn't build up as quickly after that point, which again leads me to think that conquering cultural civs and leaving the non-culture civ as my CV target is the way to go. I just can't make it work effectively though.. Help?

lol :crazyeye:

Probably Egypt chariot rush with Sacred sites thrown in.

That's exactly what I did lol, or at least tried to do. I came very close on a duel large islands map, didn't need to build ANY military units, but at my trajectory I was not going to overcome their culture fast enough, as the wonders I was passing up (Stonehenge, Artemis, Halicarnassus, etc) were being collected by my opponent, dampening my huge lead on tourism about 50 turns before 0BC :cry:

Yea I read that one earlier when I was scouring for helpful articles prior to posting my plea for help, that's actually where I got the idea for trying as Egypt. My first attempt was Denmark, with lackluster results :sad:

I was thinking about Byzantium, I've used their approach with 3 religious buildings for tourism, spamming cities like crazy, but it seemed to take too long. Setting up the cities, that is. I was too focused on improving my cap, so I screwed that one up. :lol: I'm just a sucker for more hammers I guess.

Try Mayans. And desert. Lots of it! They are very versatile. Not only you get lots of faith, you can get a musician exactly when you need it. Other great people will certainly be useful too.

Liberty's free settler --> full piety --> finish liberty and you have two musicians as a result. Even Pedro won't be able to resist you.

Try Mayans. And desert. Lots of it! They are very versatile. Not only you get lots of faith, you can get a musician exactly when you need it. Other great people will certainly be useful too.

Liberty's free settler --> full piety --> finish liberty and you have two musicians as a result. Even Pedro won't be able to resist you.

This. It has started becoming my favorite way of winning. Ever. It just flat out pwns the AI and you win without them knowing what even happened, if done right.

Top Bottom