How to make a new CvGameCoreDLL.dll

You need to install the SDK, here's a guide on how to do it: http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/How_to_Install_the_SDK

Then you edit and compile the contents of the CvGameCoreDLL folder (which you copy from Beyond the Sword). WinMerge is a handy tool to merge code from several mods into one.

You won't get 100 players in game no matter what. 50 will work, 63 will work with some limitations (no WB maps). Player number is set in CvDefines.h (MAX_CIV_PLAYERS)

Yes, you need to download and install Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003, the 3 .lib files (move them to your Program Files/Microsoft Visual C++ 2003/lib folder once you install the toolkit), Microsoft Platform SDK, and Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition (The link on the page is broken. You can download the 2008 version which I use here).

I would also recommend using this makefile instead of the one given in the tutorial. You also don't need to delete CvGameCoreDLL.rc.

If you have any problems, you can probably find the answers to them in this thread starting with post #53. The thread is my own attempt to set up visual c++ :D

If you have any other questions, I would be happy to help (if I can answer them ;) )

Top Bottom