How to start from desktop?

gregwak

Chieftain
First off, this game is brillant. I had zero interest in Civ iv because hey, kinda been there, done that. Thanks to Tom Chicks site I heard about this and was interested right away. Really enjoying it and I've only just scratched the surface with one civilization and haven't explored magic yet.
So here is my small problem. I got desktop shortcuts for BTS and FFH2. When I click on either one, I get an error message then BTS loads.Then I have to go into load mods and load FFH2, then load my saved game. It's not bad, my rigs fast and all this only takes 1-2 minutes, but I was wondering if there is a way to get direct access to FFH2 or do I have to reload the mod every time I play? Thanks and again, great work!

wait, you're saying that you get an error message even if you double click on the BTS icon, right? it looks like the problem is not FFH specific...

Pardon me for not being clear. I do not get the error message if I click on the BTS icon first thing, but I have to load the ffh2 mod every time I play. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

Could it be the link in the shortcut that is wrong somehow. Check that it points to the right directory.

Properties and then make sure that the links goes to the directory that actually contains the mod. For me it is

"D:\Spel\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Fall from Heaven 2

This is due to the fact that I have my copy installed on my D drive (not C that is the default and under my own directory called Spel (swedish = Games), normally civ installs in C:\program files\ or something, it can depend on civ copy.

The other link just points to the mods directory (the directory that contains FFH and any other mod official and unofficial you have). For me that is (and D:\Spel for the same reason mentioned above)

"D:\Spel\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods"

Thanks to that I have another path than the normal (c:\...) I don't automatically get the right icon on my desktop (I have to change that).

Top Bottom