How to uninstall the CIV V demo?

hanterp

Chieftain
Now I own the retail version of CIV, I want to uninstall the CIV V Demo.
I know where it is ( My Documents/my games ) but I dont want to just remove the files, as that will make a mess from the registry-entries.
I don't see an uninstall.exe and in the control-centre -> Software the demo-version does not appear.

Any idea how I can get rid of this demo in the right way ? :)

Right mouseclick the demo in Steam and select "Delete Local Content" :)

Problem is that the Demo is not in the list of games, probably because it is a free downloaded game and not a purchased one.

Probably I should find it somewhere else on steam, but where :confused:

I just read a report somewhere that installing the full game "overwrites" the demo, can't remember where I saw it though. :crazyeye:

Uninstalled. I did it with Windows (that list of installed programs, don't know the name in english). Don't forget to delete the folder from Documents/My Games.

Hi all,

now it's my turn to fight the beast:

I want to uninstall the demo. I have not yet installed the full version. The demo shows in the steam window and I tried deinstalling it through the WindowsXP "Installed Software" dialog.

Here's what happened: Steam came up with a confirmation dialog ("do you really want to uninstall?"). Clicked "yes", of course.

Since then the steam window only shows "Synchronizing..." in the "Status" column. Harddisk rattles once in a while, no progress, no change. Since about 45 minutes.

Any ideas? Anyone facing the same issue?

Cheers,

Beschinel

Top Bottom