How to Upload Save Games and Screenshots

How do u, i know this sounds really stupid, save a notepad note and send it to this forum?
I just made a logbook but cannot find it back anywhere (nothing under my documents)

Edit: also i see that most logbooks have the Civ forum icons and smilies in them. Do they write the logbook on the premises or what?

doc mabuse said:
How do u, i know this sounds really stupid, save a notepad note and send it to this forum?
I just made a logbook but cannot find it back anywhere (nothing under my documents)
I usually write my notes in notepad, then copy and paste in my reply.

doc mabuse said:
Edit: also i see that most logbooks have the Civ forum icons and smilies in them. Do they write the logbook on the premises or what?
I think some people might; I add them after copying the log to my reply.

Im having problems with uploading screenshots.

Ive got screenshots in paint and I followed your instructions and uploaded them. When I check folder 9 Its not there. Ive tried several times, each with a different name, so what am I douing wrong?????

Hi Allanc, welcome to CFC. :) What were the file names of your screenshots? If there is a file with that same name, it will get a 1 put on the end of it (ie; if there is already a file named screenshot.jpg, it will be named screenshot1.jpg).

If you tell me the name of the file, I'll try to find it. Sorting the uploads9 folder by recent date might help you find it.

I can't use enhanced mode for some very odd reason, so would anyone mind giving me the img and url link full code calls?

Thanks a lot ! :biggrin:

Thanks a whole lot

Question: when I use CroMagnon's recipe for uploading screenshots, I get a popup which tries to convince me I better use the forum attachment facility. But when I upload a screenshot as forum attachment, you can't see the picture in the post, it appears as a hyperlink.

Is it possible to upload screenies with the forum attachment facility and make them visible as a picture immediately?

Two ways Own.
You can hit the
"upload file" at the bottom of the page then
browse for your file on your desktop.
Copy it from "upload9"
You can then use the "earth symbol".
It will then ask you to display the text "Save" in my example and the the web address "tomtomclub3000" in my example. (there's no * in front of URL of course)
[*URL=http://www.tomtomclub3000.sav]Save[/URL]
This is good when you have multiple files to upload. IE a save and a few jpeg's.

Another way to do it is
hit "advanced"
then "manage attachments"
then "browse" the file on your desktop
Hit "upload" and you'll have it attached.
This works best when you're uploading just one file. IE a save file for an SG :)

And how do you download a .sav file?? This is driving me nuts. I've searched this whole forum. I'ved downloaded a .sav to my desktoptop, how do I go about loadind it when I play Civ3. And also, Civilization 3 doesn't show up in my program files.

Welcome to CFC, Pizza Truck!

To download a .sav file, you'll ordinarily just click on the link at the bottom of a post and you'll get a dialog box asking where to save it. I have several folders inside my "Saves" folder (which is down inside the Conquests folder), and put them in the appropriate one. When I want to play one, I just "Load Game," and find the save that I want. What operating system are you using? I know that some Vista users have some difficulty finding saves.

As for why C3 doesn't show up in your program files, I've no clue. Sorry.

Thanks. I found C3 in my Program files, it was in Firaxis games out of alphabetical order. I have a XE btw. So I put the .sav file in the saves folder, and C3 won't load it. It will probably work with another .sav file, so don't worry about it. And thanks for the help again. I'm just happy I found that folder.
:(

Question here. When I click the "Upload File" link at the bottom of the page, it gives me the "you do not have permission to access this page" thing. I've activated my account and all that stuff...so what's the problem?

They shut that feature off after our "beloved" hacker wiped out 7 months of files. You now have to use the manage attachments feature accessed through the advanced options menu. Just click on the go advanced button. Then when everything loads up, click the manage attachments button, a separate window opens, and you select files to attach. Here is a picture to help locate what to click.

Spoiler :

Top Bottom