How to Use Plug and Play Mods (READ ME FIRST!)

Wouldn't 'Custom Artstyles' deserve a folder?

Custom Artstyles
---Cityart
---Unitart

Well it is all about quantity....and nothing is written in stone.

I just haven't seen enough BtS Modules for Art Styles yet....but that could be a directory since I don't have all the answers ;)

I know of 5 mods which use custom artstyle modules, so maybe it's a good thing :)

That isn't much at all (main folder needing it is units, where there are hundreds and hundreds :)).....but in the end I don't really care, I can make a folder for them.

Eventually even if the overwriting/duplicate tag mess isn't fixed, the WoC will at least provide a good directory structure for others to follow.

I am having trouble getting modular loading to work and would really appreciate any help.

I am able to locate the .ini file in my BTS folder in My Games folder. However there is no line for ModularLoading. I have added the line ModularLoading = 1 and saved it. But still, even after I load the mod, there is no differences in the game at all except the name of the mod I loaded being at the top right of the title screen. I can not see any of the new civilizations that were a part of the mod that was loaded in the civ selection screen, and I can see nothing new in the civolopedia or anything. It is as though nothing was added.

Then when I open and check the .ini file, it has erased my line I put in of ModularLoading = 1, and has no line whatsoever for it (not even ModularLoading = 0)...

I am certain I'm editing the correct file (Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini), and I am starting up BTS as well. But I am unable to load any of these mods.

I can put in a new civ the old fashioned way and it works fine, but I can not get the modular stuff to work at all. Also, the BTS scenarios and stuff work fine.....

So, if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it... Thanks :)

Patch v3.13 has moved the ModularLoading to the individual mod ini files in the mod folder.

The IDIOTS at Firaxis still set it to 0 however.....

EDIT
Although I just looked at a fresh install of BtS and then patched to v3.13 and the ModularLoading is still in the INI....so I guess they have it in both places so a modder can override the BtS.INI, which is a good thing :)

Patch v3.13 has moved the ModularLoading to the individual mod ini files in the mod folder.

The IDIOTS at Firaxis still set it to 0 however.....

EDIT
Although I just looked at a fresh install of BtS and then patched to v3.13 and the ModularLoading is still in the INI....so I guess they have it in both places so a modder can override the BtS.INI, which is a good thing :)

I just tested out the NEW ini file in the MOD folder itself and the My Games folder, it doesnt matter if you put the My Games ini to 1 anymore, the main folder is now the Initial (BtS)MOD folder you have to change to 1 now.:p I guess the reason they did it was so that each mod does not have to look for modular loading, but only those with the initial(BtS) ini that has 1 in it will work.;)
btw you have to make sure you load it ONCE first, then go back and change the ini to 1.

I managed to get the Canada civ loaded :)goodjob:) after reading through the forum, but I still need some help. I want to use the BUG mod with the canada civ. How can I do this?

I managed to get the Canada civ loaded :)goodjob:) after reading through the forum, but I still need some help. I want to use the BUG mod with the canada civ. How can I do this?

Put Canada modules in Mods\BUG\Modules folder.

Make sure the INI file in Mods\BUG folder has ModularLoading = 1

Then enjoy :)

Put Canada modules in Mods\BUG\Modules folder.

Make sure the INI file in Mods\BUG folder has ModularLoading = 1

Then enjoy :)

Thanks for the fast reply, but I seem to be doing something wrong.

I created a Modules folder in the Bug mod folder, copied the "Modules" from the Canada ZIP into it and set the modularloading = 1.

I start up the game and go to Load mod, and load Bug Mod, but the Canada civ isn't available. I tried loading the Canada civ with Load a mod but then BUG was gone and Canada civ was there.

I've got a folder that looks like this "...\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BUG mod\Modules\Custom Civilizations\Canada\... etc"

(By the way, what do I do with the audio XML thing for the soundpack I downloaded? Move it to Bug Mod\Assets\XML? )
:confused: :confused:

Thanks for the fast reply, but I seem to be doing something wrong.

I created a Modules folder in the Bug mod folder, copied the "Modules" from the Canada ZIP into it and set the modularloading = 1.

I start up the game and go to Load mod, and load Bug Mod, but the Canada civ isn't available. I tried loading the Canada civ with Load a mod but then BUG was gone and Canada civ was there.

I've got a folder that looks like this "...\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BUG mod\Modules\Custom Civilizations\Canada\... etc"

(By the way, what do I do with the audio XML thing for the soundpack I downloaded? Move it to Bug Mod\Assets\XML? )
:confused: :confused:

Wow, that looks like it should work....and yes the audio can not go in the Module, but in the main Assets\XML folder of the mod.

I believe post # 2 needs to be updated to current P&P ??

People are asking questions and whats posted is wrong, with the new 3.13 update!!

You are correct...

And we have actually eliminated BOTH modular loading variables in the WoC....modules are always on as Firaxis SHOULD have done :)

You need to correct this ASAP< i have tried like five different times on thread to explain this stuff to no avail, HELP!!

Just include the WoC DLL with your stuff....as you should be doing anyways....working with us :p

When I change the BtS Modular XML Loading number to 1, I get an error message and the game won't start up, all the other variations I have tried have lead to the game starting fine up I can't load and mod that did not come pre-packaged. Any suggestions?

Love the idea few questions
1 I want to play like a mod.
2 ive the 2UU module what should the file pathway look like? including (BTS_2rd UU)thats he name of the mod
please help if i get this figued i will love it.

Hi, ok I tried this but I am looking in the ini file in my mods directory and there is NO line about modular loading or modular xml.

I tried to locate an ini file for bts itself, but the only ini files in the whole of the Bts directory and its subdirectories are for the mods included with the game ... none of which contain the modular loading line either.

Am I missing something here? Do I add this line?

(Update) Ahhh ok, nvm, I figured it out ... i was using the "mods" directory inside the game directory ... rather than the one in Documents.

Does your new Module have sounds?

If so download the Latest Audio files and unzip them into the same folder as your modules. These files will unzip to Assets/Xml/Audio.

I was wondering, i downloaded Croatian mod and it works but don't have sounds when I click on my workers, units (what do I have to do to make it work?)... and when I'm loading this Mod when it comes to XML it say (uncached) what does that mean?

Top Bottom