HRY2 - Jobless in Entremont

Do NOT start a war with the Iroqi over the next 20 turns; WW will kick back in immediately, and our Democracy will not be able to sustain it. If you feel the need to :hammer:, I recommend India as a target, but keep your objectives to within 10 turns; longer than that, and we'll either have to pump up Lux (and thus cut science), or MM the cities where they can't grow. Getting Bach helped us significantly.

I would try to get muskets to replace all the cities with Cav as the Cav is our best offensive unit at this time and wasting it in defense is, well, a waste. However, despite my conquering leanings, we may want to spend some time in builder mode (shouldn't be too hard as four more players get to go before Harleqin and myself) and take advantage of our 7 luxes and Democracy to really build up....oh, and get factories if you're able.

Did I mention not selling the coal?

I know, I know.

I think I'll just sit back and build for a while. That should make things easier for the peaceful players. At the rate we're going, the peaceful players are gonna have a hard time reaching their desired victory conditions.

Not all peaceful players have a problem with wars, remember I'm the mad Scientist :groucho: totally :crazyeye: (and I still suspect that our rivals have secret technology in their cities...) Nice workaround, eh:cool:
Yeah, that space race, cultural and diplomatic victory might become a bit hard with domination in sight

You're free to do anything you want to prevent the other victory conditions. I can think of a few ways to prevent a domination victory...

Pre-turn: Move some stuff around. Start Military Academy in Entremont. Will probably switch that to Factory soon.

1160 AD: The Iroquois kick out our leftover troops.
Ironborough Cav-> Cav, Tolosa Market -> Library
Furtown Market -> Library
Hurry some Temples in conquered lands.

1170: Industrialization researched! Nationalism started.
Hlobane Temple -> Court, Cattaraugus Temple -> Court
Intombe Temple -> Court
Several core cities switch to Factories. Rush a few more Temples.

1180: Zimbabwe Temple -> Court, New York Court -> Market
Mpondo Temple -> Court, Remote Outpost Court -> Market
Oka Temple -> Court, Glanum Market -> Musket

1190: Chicago Forbidden Palace (finally) -> Market, Verulamium Musket -> Bank
Agedincum Bank -> Factory, Burdigala Musket -> Library
Xochicalco Court -> Aqueduct, Ratae Coritanorum Cav -> Musket

1200: Lgdunum Factory -> Uni
Hurry Factory in Entremont.

1210: Entremont Factory -> Coal Plant
Mauch Chunk Temple -> Court, Buffalo Court -> Bank

1220: WM trade with the Iroquois.
Boston Aqueduct -> Court, Verulamium Musket -> Bank
Ratae Coritanorum Musket -> Banl

1230: Nationalism researched! Medicine due in 5 turns.
Philadelphia Market -> Library, Teotihuacan Library -> Court
Swazi Temple -> Court, Ganogeh Temple -> Court

1240: Chicago Market -> Library, Miami Market -> Court
Burdigala Library -> Factory, Furtown Library -> Bank
Upgrade all the old Pikemen for 900g.

1250: Entremont Coal Plant -> Universal Suffrage
Tolosa Library -> Bank

Notes: Start prebuilds somewhere for TOE and Hoover's.
Muskets need to be upgraded. We just don't have the money for it yet. (I spent it all...)

The Save:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/HRY2_1250_AD.SAV

Hooray, that seems to be the 1250 BC save. Could you post the 1250 AD?

Pre Turn:
Lower Science 10% to make a little more cash while still getting Medicine in 3 turns.

1255 AD 1
Railroaded some areas. Most of the cities are connected so I focused railroading our industrial center to make sure we will be able to get the next few wonders.

1260 AD 2
Korea makes some strange moves North of our newly anexed area.

1265 AD 3
We research Medicine, start researching Electricity at 50% science.

1270 AD 4
zzzzz

1275 AD 5
Eboracum completes Coal Plant and starts Military Academy.

1280 AD 6
zzzz

1285 AD 7
zzzz

1290 AD 8
India builds Shakespear's Theater

1295 AD 9
zzzz

1300 AD 10
Discover Electricity. Scientific Method in 4 turns.

All of the cities except four are hooked up to the rail network. All of hte productive cities are mostly railroaded with factories and many new banks and libraries were constructed. There are still one or two new cities with calvery, but the riflemen replacements for them should be finished shortly.http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/HRY2_1300_AD.SAV

From leha:
Please , tell guys I have serious problems with one of mods here and have to leave CFC . Have a nice play

Sorry to see that she has to go. We'll miss you!

And now we need a new Diplomat.....
Any lurkers out there up for the job?

@Hooray...not much point, as I feel this game will be over before UN is built...

At least, if I have anything to do about it :evil: :mwaha: :evil: :sniper:

Turn 0- Looking good, I upgraded musketmen (420gold or something like that)

Turn 1- Shuffling workers, Cavalry completed in some cities>Cavalry

Turn 2- Bapedi: Temple>Rifleman, Lugdunum: Rifleman>Cannon (finished in 1 turn and artillery is effective against cities), Miami: Library>Bank, Eboracum builds Military Academy [dance] >Army

Turn 3- Entremont finishes Universal Suffrage [dance] >Cavalry, Cavalry>Cavalry in many cities

Turn 4- Scientific Method> Replaceable Parts (6) (ToE in 7 turns in Eboracum), Lugdunum pre-building for Hoover Dam (3rd highest production in Celtic Empire)

Turn 5- Ulundi: Courthouse>Marketplace, Cavalry>Cavalry in many cities, pollution near Entremont

Turn 6- Philadelphia: University>Bank, Buffalo: University>Factory, Again cavalry>cavalry

Turn 7- Korea and Indians signed MPP, Cavalry>Cavalry… , there was already 40 units in stack so I moved the stack to iron hill, new stack to the previous place

Turn 8- Isandhlwana: Courthouse>Marketplace, Cavalry>Cavalry, Cleaning pollution

Turn 9- Cavalry>Cavalry

Turn 10- Replaceable Parts> Atomic Theory, Turn Science slider to 0% (ToE in 2 turns, pollution made 1 turn more), 43 Riflemen upgraded to Infantry (430 gold), shuffling workers.

Everything is going well, I’m not sure if I still have turns left after this;)

Save

Preturn: Everybody has nationalism, so no easy targets there. India lacks saltpetre though and can thus only counter with elephants. They look like a good target. I wake up the cavalry and move them to the Indian border. The jungle means that we need to break through at Karachi though. Sign MPP with England for some backline protection.

Early: Declare war on India. Time to lay the smack down :hammer: Korea join in with India. I not the Koreans have a MPP with the Iro, so we’ll just defend against them at first. We take Karachi. We build the ToE and take the usual path. England declares on Korea. Calcutta falls along with Kolhapur. Iros declare on the English. No matter. We can handle three fronts.
1365 AD sees Delhi, Lahore and Jaipur fall. To help out our English friends we trade them horses for Free Artistry, 12 gold and 15 gpt.

Middle: We get involved with the Iros. Great :D We clear a bunch of Iro cavs. Gayagahee, Bombay and raise a small Iro settlement. Frustratingly both Bangalore and Madras holds. Later Tyendenaga falls.

Late: Niagara Falls, Ngome and the glue factory known as Bangalore. St. Regis falls in the late years along with Allegheny, Madras, Bengal and Umfolozi.

ChrTh. There should be plenty of troops in Ngome and the captured cities around the Iro capital to allow you to make a deadly push.

The dominating Celts

Turn 0 -- 1400 AD

ChrTh V, the Bored, decides the world bores him with its antics. Therefore, he decides he needs to eliminate as much as the world as possible.

I take Hyderabad

I get a GL, decide against rushing Hoover since we're only 3 turns away. Build an Army, switch Eboracum to a Cav

Turn 1 -- 1405 AD
War Weariness kicks in, but with the MPP in place, we can't make peace with anyone...not that I'd want to.

We take Chittagong

We take Salamanca. We gain 12 workers, and Newton's University, Oracle, Sistine Chapel, and the Hanging Gardens! BOO-YEAH!

Turn 2 -- 1410 AD
We take Umtata ... India is a OCC
Oil Springs falls
Caughnawaga falls
We take Taejon

Turn 3 -- 1415 AD
We complete Hoover Dam
We take Tonawanda
We trade all of the useless techs to England to get Espy and Comm and a whole lotta gold. I start Intel Agency in Entremont.

IT:
:aargh: :aargh: :aargh: SALAMANCA FLIPS...BOTH ARMIES WERE HEALING THEREIN! :aargh: :aargh:

Turn 4 -- 1420 AD
We take Kahnawake
We take Centralia
We take Inchon

IT:
India and England sign peace

Turn 5 -- 1425 AD
I make peace with India as well. Get Corporation out of it.
Chondote falls. Iroqi are no more.
Chonju falls.

IT:
England and Korea sign peace...of course, since we're in a MPP... :rolleyes: England and Korea are back at war

Turn 6 -- 1430 AD
Everyone loves the King!

We raze Seoul

Turn 7 -- 1435 AD
We take Pyongyang

ChrTh the bored is bored ... so he hits Shift-Enter

Why, you might ask?

Here's the save: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/HRY2_1435AD.SAV
Note that it's at the beginning of 1435AD, so if you want the score, you're either going to have to take Pyongyang or finagle some tiles from somewhere else... :mwaha:

ChrTh the Bored is sad, as he did not get a Conquest victory. He blames his forebears, who united with England...since we couldn't fight 'em, we couldn't get to the island...

Top Bottom