[RD] HuffPost: "I Coined The Term 'Cisgender' 29 Years Ago. Here's What This Controversial Word Really Means."

The point was that just because you identify a certain way doesn’t mean your body goes along with it. Like if I identify as a woman does my body automatically become a woman’s body by that identification alone? Was my body always a woman’s body even retroactively before I identified as trans? Some people seem to be suggesting this.

If you identify as a woman, then by definition your body is a woman’s body. What else would it be?

It seems like from what I’ve gathered most trans people will transition but they’re still trans regardless of how far along they’ve come in this transition.

And not many people are going to transition and come out looking like Raquel Welch in Myra Breckinridge.

But this is precisely the problem. Because not many cis women “come out” looking like Raquel Welch or Myra Breckinridge either, but for some reason, for trans women, that’s treated as minimum standard to clear before we’re considered worthy of the same love and affection that any other woman receives.

Anti trans freak Jesse Singal just deleted his account lmao just appropo of nothing:

The point was that just because you identify a certain way doesn’t mean your body goes along with it. Like if I identify as a woman does my body automatically become a woman’s body by that identification alone? Was my body always a woman’s body even retroactively before I identified as trans? Some people seem to be suggesting this.

You speak as if trans people aren't somehow inherently aware of this dichotomy. Have you ever thought about not being weird about trans people or their bodies? You certainly talk alot about us!

And not many people are going to transition and come out looking like Raquel Welch in Myra Breckinridge.

So what? Even cis women are mistaken for cis men and vice versa.

I do find it quite ironic that people take issue with "cisgender" when they're not the ones having medical care denied, delayed or gatekept from them on the basis of them being trans, let alone the whole host of other issues that come with being trans and the inevitable discrimination we face, all at the hands of cis people who absolutely hate us and do everything in their power, even getting themselves directly involved in our healthcare(!!!) in order to further harm us:

What is this? It's gross, dehumanizing and pathetic, but as a society we still haven't even fully grasped the fact that trans people people are being actively persecuted and tortured both by the state and groups that are supposed to help us!!!!

So Jaime Reed is a "transphobe" but her statements seem in line with some peer reviewed documentation

In conclusion, this Letter has noted that although GAT for GD youth lacks a rigorous evidence base, it is undertaken as routine medical treatment in a strongly placebo effect enhancing environment. It is within this environment that research into its effectiveness is being undertaken.

So Jaime Reed is a "transphobe" but her statements seem in line with some peer reviewed documentation

In conclusion, this Letter has noted that although GAT for GD youth lacks a rigorous evidence base, it is undertaken as routine medical treatment in a strongly placebo effect enhancing environment. It is within this environment that research into its effectiveness is being undertaken.

Whys that? What do you think the article and the paper are saying?

She absolutely is transphobic; why the hell is she getting involved in trans kid's medical decisions and arrangements? This has all the hallmarks of a transphobe exercising their ability to cause us damage, essentially denying kids access to life saving drugs.

And you want to sit there and place airquotes over the word "transphobe" as if that isn't exactly what she is.

You're clueless, you don't understand what it's like to have to constantly jump through hoops in order to access care that is given to cis people with far less requirements and hassle.

You're not "with it", i don't get it dude, what is it about other people's bodies that forces you people to come out and pass judgement on what is an incredibly private and personal matter? Especially one that they have no stake in, this is what i mean when i say that we're curiousities to gawk at and ponder, it's gross and demeaning and dehumanizing and you would never accept that for one of your own, yet you feel compelled to defend this cis woman who is transphobic.

She absolutely is transphobic; why the hell is she getting involved in trans kid's medical decisions and arrangements? This has all the hallmarks of a transphobe exercising their ability to cause us damage, essentially denying kids access to life saving drugs.

And you want to sit there and place airquotes over the word "transphobe" as if that isn't exactly what she is.

You're clueless, you don't understand what it's like to have to constantly jump through hoops in order to access care that is given to cis people with far less requirements and hassle.

You're not "with it", i don't get it dude, what is it about other people's bodies that forces you people to come out and pass judgement on what is an incredibly private and personal matter? Especially one that they have no stake in, this is what i mean when i say that we're curiousities to gawk at and ponder, it's gross and demeaning and dehumanizing and you would never accept that for one of your own, yet you feel compelled to defend this cis woman who is transphobic.
Clinical interest

Clinical interest

Do you often obsess over other people's treatments or is it just trans people's treatments that causes you to act like a pearlclutching busybody, or is this how you justify your strange obsession with our bodies

Or do you just think so little of us, that the very act of trying to reduce what little help we can get for being trans and dysphoric, is somehow a positive act for anyonne lmao

Do you often obsess over other people's treatments or is it just trans people's treatments that causes you to act like a pearlclutching busybody, or is this how you justify your strange obsession with our bodies
Nope, i dont obsess

Nope, i dont obsess

Yet you curiously feel compelled to cast doubt on the fact that she is anti-trans and is involved in denying trans kids healthcare, something you'd never tolerate for your own offspring, but feel is permissable for trans kids

You want to defend a grifter, whose sole preoccupation is to stop trans people from accessing healthcare (by her own direct actions as an admin(!!!!!)) and who is giving ammunition to right wing creeps, which you seem strangely indifferent to, who are trying to do everything they can to hurt us, but for sure, you totally aren't obsessed.

You're just employing the Jesse Singal Method!

Clinical interest
Clinical interest would, or should, motivate you to provide more than a single source and claim "some". The word is "one", otherwise.

Did you look into peer-reviewed studies that debunked Reed? Or did you, in your interest, coincidentally come across one and only one that just happened to affirm your choice to put transphobe in quotes?

I dunno man, if I had to assume that about a person folks would normally chew me out for jumping through hoops.

Reed’s whole complaint is that trained medical professionals were making healthcare decisions and recommendations about their clients after a period of counseling and observation and that she, a lay person who has no formal medical training, was not allowed to unilaterally override those decisions on the basis of her personal vibes about the patients. When rebuffed by administrative staff, she took it upon herself to start directly lying to patients and potential patients seeking consultation with the explicit aim of impeding the provision of healthcare to trans people.

Nobody should be taking anything she says seriously. The fact that nobody has come forward to corroborate her story, while 20 have directly contradicted it, and several have attested to her lying and stonewalling trans care should say all that is necessary about this case.

She’s just one in a long, prolific line of cis people feeling entitled to claim ownership of trans lives and trans bodies for no reason other than they want to and they view us as subhuman.

Reed’s whole complaint is that trained medical professionals were making healthcare decisions and recommendations about their clients after a period of counseling and observation and that she, a lay person who has no formal medical training, was not allowed to unilaterally override those decisions on the basis of her personal vibes about the patients. When rebuffed by administrative staff, she took it upon herself to start directly lying to patients and potential patients seeking consultation with the explicit aim of impeding the provision of healthcare to trans people.

Wait wait wait
What is reed's job?

Wait wait wait
What is reed's job?
Admin! Lmao

Nobody should be taking anything she says seriously. The fact that nobody has come forward to corroborate her story, while 20 have directly contradicted it, and several have attested to her lying and stonewalling trans care should say all that is necessary about this case.

She’s just one in a long, prolific line of cis people feeling entitled to claim ownership of trans lives and trans bodies for no reason other than they want to and they view us as subhuman.

And yet there are those that are sympathetic to her, i wonder why that might be

Wait wait wait
What is reed's job?

From her affidavit:

1679002439462.png

And this is also leaving aside the multiple multiple flagrant HIPAA violations

I'm just floored that the statement "the hospital administration supported the prescribing and treating physicians" being presented as a bad thing. And how is the hospital administration supposed to understand medicine without having MDs anyway?

This is so fudgin dumb i'm going to have an aneurysm

I'm just floored that the statement "the hospital administration supported the prescribing and treating physicians" being presented as a bad thing. And how is the hospital administration supposed to understand medicine without having MDs anyway?

This is so fudgin dumb i'm going to have an aneurysm

Equally as disgenenuous and weird as someone claiming "clinical interest" in other people's care is somehow a valid justification to defend people who actively want to hurt us!

And pathetic.

Top Bottom