Huge Earth TSL Map

I really want to see a full map picture of the new Mediterranean Large map.. seems more my style

I'm thinking they were pushed by Vatican, just like Spain was pushed by Portugal.

Hmm?

Alphabetical order... or coincidence?

I played a game on Med TSL as Germany

The Baltic coast is the northern border of the map which is fine

I watched the Brussels settler wander around my western border for 4 turns

The Rhine exists, but the map maker conpletely forgot about the Elbe, the Oder, and the Vistula

Whoever is making the TSL maps meeds to be fired.

I’d rather see more options not TSL! I liked the civ 5 France, Italy, Japan, med etc with random starts.

I mean if its OK to blob India into one civ I don’t see what the problem is blobbing Europe

Incredibly bad and unplayable map. Such a shame. But par for the course I'm afraid. No hope they get much right at this point. Why did they even bother?

A fun map, but yes, the map is just too small to fit in the proper amount of civs. I can't imagine trying to play with all of the standard western European civs.

I've been playing on this map today. I tried to add only select civilizations to avoid this clustering and ended up with a small number of civs. What I did not anticipate is that three of them would be eliminated early in the game and thus it is a very sparse game. I will not repeat this mistake. >.<

It's a bit more extreme than the reality, but central Greenland is actually under sea level because of the weight of the ice sheets above it. In an extreme melting scenario, Greenland would have a massive lake in the middle...

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2646/new-greenland-maps-show-more-glaciers-at-risk/

So I implemented an internal ice sheet for Scrambled Greenland from that image, thanks to you! :)

(This is the map for Standard Rules. I'm working now on the GS map before I upload to CFC).

Yeah, Scrambled Greenland isn't a great map for Nubia sadly.

But it is a fantastic map for Canada (especially since the Apr 21 patch!).
I'm playing an epic game of Canada RN on another map of mine - Scrambled Arctic Ocean. Apocalypse mode on! :)
Not sure it would be good for anyone except Canada, maybe Russia. But unlike the others, Nubia can't build a single one of their unique infrastructure.

Not sure it would be good for anyone except Canada, maybe Russia.

Scrambled Greenland is good for the Maori, Indonesia, India, The Cree, Babylon, The Dutch, Khmer and even Korea.
But Canada is super powered on that map for sure. IDK about Russia, especially after it got hit with the nerf stick in the Apr 21 update.

Regardless, turn on Apocalypse mode on these maps.

You'll be surprised at how fertile forest fires can be. ;)

This is true on many of the TSL maps like TSL Huge Earth. (Which I'm less than impressed of BTW).
E.g. TSL Europe. Play Russia on TSL Europe with Apocalypse mode on for a pleasant surprise. (Remember not to chop forests!)

Scrambled Greenland is good for the Maori, Indonesia, India, The Cree, Babylon, The Dutch, Khmer and even Korea.
But Canada is super powered on that map for sure. IDK about Russia, especially after it got hit with the nerf stick in the Apr 21 update.

Regardless, turn on Apocalypse mode on these maps.

You'll be surprised at how fertile forest fires can be. ;)

This is true on many of the TSL maps like TSL Huge Earth. (Which I'm less than impressed of BTW).
E.g. TSL Europe. Play Russia on TSL Europe with Apocalypse mode on for a pleasant surprise. (Remember not to chop forests!)
What's your beef with Huge Earth TSL? Just curious.

What's your beef with Huge Earth TSL? Just curious.

1. For starters there's that horrible Greenland (that prompted this whole discussion and a major update to my map Scrambled Greenland).
It's basically a sliver island with ice (that could potentially melt in late game GS).

2. It's not much of an improvement over the original TSL Earth. Cos still no river flooding or dams.

(In comparison I'd like to say how much I like/love TSL Mediterranean).
The first Firaxis TSL (World Builder) map to have river flooding and dams. :eek:

3. Europe is still squashed and if you play against even a few European civs they fall into free states :rolleyes:
Like TSL Earth it's great for almost all non-Euro civs. (E.g. Nubia!)

4. The rainforests and tundra forests have been downsized. Why?
On a larger map they should be larger than say TSL Earth but IDK.

1. For starters there's that horrible Greenland (that prompted this whole discussion and a major update to my map Scrambled Greenland).
It's basically a sliver island with ice (that could potentially melt in late game GS).

2. It's not much of an improvement over the original TSL Earth. Cos still no river flooding or dams.

(In comparison I'd like to say how much I like/love TSL Mediterranean).
The first Firaxis TSL (World Builder) map to have river flooding and dams. :eek:

3. Europe is still squashed and if you play against even a few European civs they fall into free states :rolleyes:
Like TSL Earth it's great for almost all non-Euro civs. (E.g. Nubia!)

4. The rainforests and tundra forests have been downsized. Why?
On a larger map they should be larger than say TSL Earth but IDK.
Yeah, I definitely wish that they'd inflated Europe. Freleanor is currently doing an enforced OCC at the moment, making her a deadweight in my game.

My opinion of the map has gone down, because with Rise & Fall you can't have civilizations start close together at all otherwise they're eliminated by the Loyalty system. In order to start as France, I couldn't have any civilizations close to me at all, so no Spain, no England, and no Germany (and I couldn't do England with Spain and Germany on the map, either). While the western Europe map is horribly small and can't really adequately fit more than one or two civilizations, I don't like having the loyalty feature dictate what I can and cannot do. Also, can't have Arabia and Egypt on the same map, the loyalty system always takes one of them out.

sorry I'm new to the group, playing a huge map is it worth increasing the speed in epic?

Top Bottom