Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Hi Hulfgar
ATM I'm playing Hulfgars Modpack Industrial Edition for BNW v12beta1 (v 12) withHulfgars Modpack ArtFiles (v 6)
As for the M.E I can't remember completely but I know there were a couple of Tommies.
It's no big deal I was more curious than anything and I have couple of "the crazy scotsmans" building mods running so it is more than likely that that is causing it.

Hulfgar
Nuclear Recycling Plant no longer in the game?
Graphics issues, seems to only be in later stages of the game
Mobile Tactics-- seems very late in the game
Fast Bomber--also seems very late given it is not a jet
Suggest adding-- Advance Flight-- Helicopter would go here and maybe Special Forces
GQ

Hi DJGspinNhitz,

Nuclear Recycling Plant no longer in the game?

not as building. It's now an improvement, must be build on an uranium supply and will leak fallout (randomly) on all 7 tiles if pillaged (and as long as it's pillaged, no matter how many workers you put to scrub the fallout).

Graphics issues, seems to only be in later stages of the game
Probably nothing in common but I had to disable the leaderheads on my side (it's in the config.ini file). The game was crashing with a renderer error. It came with the last version of the industrial assets but I doubt that it comes from the mod : I don't see how something lighter (12mb less in the last version), without major changes could suddenly trigger such a failure.

Mobile Tactics-- seems very late in the game
Fast Bomber--also seems very late given it is not a jet
Suggest adding-- Advance Flight-- Helicopter would go here and maybe Special Forces

The Tech Tree is really a pain, especially to keep it in relation with history (we have discovered just too much in too short a time in the last 100 years!). But I will work further on this. I should try to add an Era, it would make sense.

A small update :

Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles 6.3

this will give the Katyusha corrected animations (you will see the rockets!).
Thanks to Wolfdog for fixing it!

Also noticed I did not see Palace as an option to build.

yes the Palace is back to it's vanilla settings. This was an attempt to solve the bug that prevented to choose what to do with a captured city.

Sadly it didn't solve it and as a result I definitely don't understand what can trigger this bug :(

I had a recurrence of the save bug (12kb flavor) and going off what Onmy6 said earlier about the config.ini, I decided to try something out. I did not clear the cache, or delete any of the corrupted saves. I simply deleted the config.ini file. And it worked! Simply deleting the one file resumed normal save function. The bug popped up again a couple hundred turns later...and it worked again.

The issue must be somewhere after the end of the Industrial Mod since the Tech Tree and everything work in that Mod but not in the complete edition. I know that is not much but it is something less than going through the whole thing. graphics issues is the same I do not have any till late in the game.
GQ

Hey Hulfgar, I wanna say this mod is really awesome. I played it thoroughly and enjoyed it, but since beta 7.4 for complete edition, my game crash when I upgrade my Trebuchet.

Hulfgar,

Been noticing a bug with most of the BNW versions regarding the cruisers (Not sure if you've seen or addressed this yet, if so let me know which has the fix)

specifically versions:
My Hulfgars BNW 9 Beta5 (v 9)

Hulfgars Modpack for BNW CE 7.4 beta (v 7)
Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles 6.2 (v 6)
Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles Modern (v 4)

and the latest RC V12

The graphics from Germany and Japan's light and upgraded cruisers is fine but most of the other civ's versions end up like this: (see attached photos)

Test civs included Portugal, Morocco, Shoshone....I'm guessing the bug is with the generic ship?

Thanks

Attachments

• LIGHT Cruiser bug.JPG
    LIGHT Cruiser bug.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 100
  • bug.JPG
    bug.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 89
hello Tonycoolbek,

this looks like a conflict between mods.

How many versions have you enabled?
For the complete edition you need Hulfgars Modpack for BNW CE 7.4 beta (v 7), Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles 6.3 (v 6) and Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles Modern (v 4)

Any other version should be removed/deleted.

Do you have other mods enabled (such as Ethnic Units or RED).

I will run more tests on my side to be sure that the bug is not in the mod.

No don't use RED or the other

And I made sure to uninstall the prior version of Hulfgar before installing the other. No other mods where used when I started testing for the big.

I basically removed version x completely and put in a fresh unzipped version y and that's when I noticed the error wasn't just in that one version. Also tried it on my other computer (also with that mod alone) and ran into the same issues.

I will try it 6.3 art files today with 7. Maybe it was using 6.2? Though I'm not sure why the error would occur with 9 Beta 5 v9 unless 6.3 corrected that error and if 6.3's files are newer then the ones for the previous two I used. Will know soon enough.

Again Germany, Japan, and the unique cruisers worked, but for the civs and city states using the generic one seemed to be the ones that the bug kept popping up for and that's why I thought I'd ask. In fact I normally play with those civs with the unique Cruiser so I likely didn't realize it was there until I played Morocco and then randomly stumbled on it

Thanks for the support and I will let you know what I find.

Attachments

• germany crus.JPG
    germany crus.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Japan and city state unit.JPG
    Japan and city state unit.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 64
Actually, Looks like the Mod files for Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles 6.3 (v 6) did the trick.

I copied and pasted the files from that and tested it with v9 and it worked as well.

Thanks so much for the tec support hulfgar.

I'll keep you posted if I find anything else.

Thanks again for this amazing mod!

Attachments

• light crusier back in business.JPG
    light crusier back in business.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 67
Ran into an interesting bug. Unfortunately, since I have the save file issue, I can't upload a save... ( I start a game and leave it running on my computer until I finish or until the game does a CTD, lol)

In any case, I was stuck on 13 lumber resources developed, 17 used. Didn't matter how many more lumbermills I built, the numbers didn't change. As well I had 4 perpetual icons on the right side of the screen notifying me that I was short on lumber and my units would be hampered.

Interesting ERLoft I'm having similar problems with the lumber mill etc etc, also getting CTD's randomly. Playing as the Aztecs, no save problem though, although I am using Hulfgar's IE Version 13 beta 2(v13) which is usually very stable

Hi Hulfgar
You don't suppose switching the data saving from SaveUtils to TableSaverLoader is causing errors elsewhere. I know prior to the switch the only bug I had anyway was the save game bug, which could be relatively easily fixed with a cache dump, but now that doesn't work and I'm getting random CTD's and strange calibrations with the lumber mills which I never got before and of course others are getting graphic glitches in the later game?

Hi ERLoft, Onmy and DJGspinNhitz,

You don't suppose switching the data saving from SaveUtils to TableSaverLoader is causing errors elsewhere.

Not sure but I could try to make a test version with SaveUtils instead of TableSaverLoader.
I will just need a few days to make it.

I must say that there is a lot of "strange" things that are happenning :

- Bugged tech tree for some users but not all.
So far the only clue that I have is that the bug is in the late era and there is an error report in the lua.log file pointing to Techtree.lua.
I'm trying to find out if it could be bound to a unit/improvement/building that should appear in the tech tree but would not for some reason (missing DLC or whatelse).

- Bad working improvements :
So far I had no problem with the resource generation of lumber, coal,... .
This leaves the question : why does it seems to be bugged for some users.

But : in my last game I am only in the industrial era and can't go further because now I have a renderer error, the game freezes and I need to "kill" it with ctrl alt del.
For now I don't know if it comes from the mod, the game or my PC (but then why should TESO or WoT work perfectly and not Civ?).

- Graphic glitches : to uncheck the GPU decoding was a solution but it's not enough now as it seems.

And : lately I remarked that Steam corrected and updated some files for Civ5.
I've found no trace of a new patch for Civ5 so either they silently patched some things or Steam is running mad again.

I'm wondering if somebody else has this renderer error since of the last version of the mod?

Hulfgar

The issue I am guessing is something added to the Complete that is not in the Industrial Mod since that one has no major bugs on my PC anyway. Tech Tree works, graphics work, and rarely get the 12KB save game bug.

I know that does not narrow it down much but it is something.

GQ

Top Bottom