Humans becoming Vassals

whats a navy

Prince
In Warlords I really liked the idea of vassaling an opponent for a faster conquest game but why can't the human vassal either peacefully or through war? What if I just want to culture whore under the protection of a runaway AI so I don't need military and can focus on culture? What if I spawn right next to Monty with no horses, metals, or ivory? This could be an interesting feature in ciV that could have its uses in certain situations.

Try enabling it in Civ 4. Directions should be there with a simple civfanatics search. All I know about it is it is possible, and its only disabled because its easy to abuse. That would help you see how useful it is and if its actually easy to abuse

It's highly unlikely vassals are going to be in Civ V vanilla, so I wouldn't be worried about it.

What if I just want to culture whore under the protection of a runaway AI so I don't need military and can focus on culture?

Which is exactly why it isn't allowed. It would be far too easy for the human to win a cultural victory that way. It would be nothing but an exploit.

Culture victory should be removed anyway it's stupid. A civ can sit in a small corner of the map without having any influence on the world and win by culture. So what happens exactly? The rest of the world just gives up to some pathetic civ with no military because they built a million wonders?

"Oh look everyone that civ has so many wonders we should all just lay down our weapons and bow before them" :lol:

Yea right.....

If they do implement a vassal system, which I'm not sure if they will since it doesn't really fit the theme of trying to make the game feel more like a multiplayer game, it'll almost most likely be in an expansion pack, not vanilla. They have enough stuff to work on for vanilla before adding things like vassals. Remember vassals weren't in Civ IV vanilla either.

Culture victory should be removed anyway it's stupid. A civ can sit in a small corner of the map without having any influence on the world and win by culture. So what happens exactly? The rest of the world just gives up to some pathetic civ with no military because they built a million wonders?

"Oh look everyone that civ has so many wonders we should all just lay down our weapons and bow before them" :lol:

Yea right.....

Yes actually. Cultural victory is supposed to represent the spread of ideas, customs and goods from one civilization all over the world, to the point that the citizens of individual nations no longer identify themselves as say American or British or French, and instead identify themselves as Nation X. In short, you can't fight against what you've become, or rather you choose not to fight what you've become.

Btw, what do you think the spread of culture to the point that you win the game is? It's not "sitting in a corner of the map without having any influence in the world". It is by definition the exact OPPOSITE of that.

Top Bottom