I cannot connect with gamespy

IvanIV

Chieftain
Hi, i cannot connect with gamespy. Someone can tell me what happends in my game? and i cannot to connect with www.gamespyid.com

Please i need help

thank you

I don't know the details, but I know you have to create a new account through the Civ game to play. Normal gamespy accounts don't work.

actually, you have to register your account with the game...

i went to the sign up button in the game interface, and entered the details of a account i use with all my gamespy games, and then sign into the multiplayer lobby with it.

I can't find the damned lobby, and found out Gamespy doesn't support Civ4 anymore. Someone suggested I edit the .ini file and haven't done that yet. But if anyone can find some group where we can do a DirectIP connect that would be great since I've found it virtually impossible to connect through the Internet. If you find out how to connect, let me know Ivan. I've been dying to play online forever.

umm...

are you trying to login to Gamespy via the games multiplayer menu?

or are you trying to use Gamespy Arcade?

Civilization 4 works fine over Gamespy... i still play Civ4 without Warlords online often, so if you can be as specific as possible, and post as many details as you can about your install and how you go about getting on Gamespy, im sure someone can figure this out.

Then I have to be doing something wrong. I've tried to connect directly through the game and also through Gamespy Arcade. X-Fire has the same problem when I try and join and it acts as though it doesn't find the server. I see others are connecting fine and I really haven't had an answer yet. Could it be my router or firewall?? Is it because I haven't registered? PLEASE, someone, HELP ME!

Top Bottom