I Cant Launch Conquests

Thomas_C

Chieftain
I am haveing trouble launching conquests. When I try to play it it says it cant find the Civ 3 conquest CD??

I have downloaded C3C from this web site and my current Civ 3 is patched up to date. I have tried looking for help on these forums and I found nothing at all.

My PC has all the right specs and my Civ 3 CD is not dodgy in any way, and I have also made sure I have updated Civ 3 with the latest batch before installing C3C.

The C3C I am trying to use is v1.22 FULL

Can someone please help me?

Tom

I have exactly the same problem.
I have the Civ 3 with the latest patch working fine. Then I installed Conquests Trial and paid for it online. It was also working fine. But it was ver. 1.00, so I installed patch 1.22 . Now it asks me for the Conquests cd which I obviously don't have since I downloaded and paid for the game online.

Ok I think I have found the problem now. The downloadable version of Conquests (which you can try out for free for 3 hours, and then pay to unlock and use forever. completely legal, of course) comes from www.trygames.com . There it warns people about installing patches from other sites, even from the original distributor of the game, because this could cause the game to stop working. Apparently they have to release their own version of all patches for the games they provide. And the only version of Conquests available from them now is ver. 1.00 . Somehow they forgot to mention this before I bought the game from them. Thankfully there is a 30-day money back guarantee.

Top Bottom