• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

I don't understand

the only bad thing about this game is that it gets so tedious later on when you have a huge sprawling empire with pollution everywhere.

I actually like the 'tedious' parts about the game, and IMO pollution is one of the most controversial feature in the game. But I think clearing a bit of pollution is no hassle.

Or, if you're really a sucker for strategy, you can get addicted in a few hours at a friend's house. :mischief:

With a lot of games I was addicted to the demo but when I played the full version the addiction was gone, not that the full version was not as good. It was just that I played it too much and then got bored of it. An example of this would be... Starcraft. This doesn't seem to be the case with civ for me, though.

I first played my boyfriend's son's vanilla game as America. The Russians quickly and totally wiped me out. I never even got tanks. I was instantly addicted. I now have C3C and play it almost every day. It is the most fun game I have ever played. I like the fact that it makes you think. It's not one of those games that you play, beat, and then it's not fun anymore. This game has so many variables that you don't ever play the same game twice. I love that.

People who played age of empires or other games like that will not like the game at first or not ever. People who played civ first will not like aoe at all or hardly. This is my understanding maybe not for you. Turn based games are hard to understand. I am around a two year player and i still find myself lookin in the manual. You realy need to play the game while reading the manual. Than read the manual for a few days...or weeks. This game is complex dont get me wrong. And then there are some who totaly hate this game. Maybe it isnt for you.

This game captured my imagination from day 1.

I initially wanted to go buy Civ 4 when I read the positive reviews, but was disapointed when I learned my computer was not powerful enough for the game.

I decided to try Civ 3, and never looked back.

LOVE this game.

Top Bottom