I just passed the New York State Bar Exam

jamiethearcher

President of Canmerica!
Gooooooooooo me!

In other news, I passed the series 7 NASD examination 2 weeks ago.

Is anyone else a broker/dealer or recent member of any bar association and have advice to give me in moving forward in my career? (Compliance work for a major investment bank)

Congrats!!!

The guy two cubes down from me just passed his Ohio Bar, and is prancing around the office with all the pins that the department gave him. Good work!

This should be in the Random Raves thread, and this is user-specific, so expect a mod closing it shortly. ;)

Wow, way to rain on my parade :(

Allow me to broaden this topic then: Does anyone work in the investment banking industry?

Congrats! The legal blogosphere is all abuzz over the NY bar today. Probably a bit tougher than the Series 7, no?

Thank god someone is doing something to alleviate the shortage of lawyers in this nation.

/jk

Congrats!!!

Come down here and Ill help you get a gig in the gov where you can go to court. Seriously, look into working for the gov for less money so you get experience at trial (if you go to a law firm, youll be a highly overpaid intern doing grunt work for a few years). Most lawyers we have are just graduated, stay 3 years, prosecute some cases, then go on to make cash at a firm while skipping the bad parts.

And I suppose, time for an ask a lawyer thread!

Great! Now here's a list of people I want to sue.....

Just kidding. For now.

Congratulations!

A man went to a brain store to get some brain to complete a study. He sees a sign remarking on the quality of professional brain offerred at this particular brain store. He begins to question the butcher about the cost of these brains.

"How much does it cost for engineer brain?"

"Three dollars an ounce."

"How much does it cost for programmer brain?"

"Four dollars an ounce."

"How much for lawyer brain?"

"$1,000 an ounce."

"Why is lawyer brain so much more?"

Spoiler :
"Do you know how many lawyers we had to kill to get one ounce of brain?"

Good job on passing the Bar. Tell me, do you still a soul? Or is the rumor that lawyers don't have souls completely false?

Congrats! The legal blogosphere is all abuzz over the NY bar today. Probably a bit tougher than the Series 7, no?

Significantly harder. The 7 was still tough, but no where near as bad.

Good job on passing the Bar. Tell me, do you still a soul? Or is the rumor that lawyers don't have souls completely false?

I'm going to plead the 5th on that one, lol.

Congrats!!!!!

Congrats, I'm on track to take the PA bar in six years, hopefully I'll be able to say the same as you.

Significantly harder. The 7 was still tough, but no where near as bad.

I'm going to plead the 5th on that one, lol.

We're on to you anyway, you double-faced...person!

(Hey, I mean, you try to have both the US and Canadian flags in your avatar...that's pretty suspicious right there!)

More (or less?) seriously, congratulations!

Top Bottom