I started new game, why city screen does not contain icons for buildings and units?

tramwajg

Warlord
it looks like below, not possible to progress in game :(
1706857078457.png

Attachments

• 1706857036987.png
    1706857036987.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Must be a bad installation - you need to reinstall the entire mod from scratch.
You can see an ERROR message at the top of the screen (and probably popped up as well).
You need to ALWAYS have a CLEAN installation, never OVERWRITE new versions blindly - it's gonna cause TONS of errors.

Are you using the steam version?

This looks like the kind of problems you can get from having the filenames too long from too many nested folders.

how I can reinstall? yes it's steam but was fine earlier, generally it stopped working after updating to newest svn, attempting to open any old save causes this error. I did hideexceptions=0 but didn't see anything different compared to yesterday
1706968401006.png

how I can reinstall? yes it's steam but was fine earlier, generally it stopped working after updating to newest svn, attempting to open any old save causes this error. I did hideexceptions=0 but didn't see anything different compared to yesterday
View attachment 683927
This means old saves are dead and can be deleted, start new game

okayyy, it still doesn't work though, how do I do mod reinstallation? I readed someone's else topic where someone wrote that it's solution
I told you saves don't work as there was some savebreaking changes

I told you saves don't work as there was some savebreaking changes
yes, my problem is that totally new game doesn't work (city screen does not contain any icons)

Delete mod and install it again - you can't overwrite it
hey, I'd need more assistance on that :( how do I reinstall? if I fully delete contents of Caveman2Cosmos directory, I'm not able to update in tortoise svn anymore, so reinstallation seems not possible

hey, I'd need more assistance on that :( how do I reinstall? if I fully delete contents of Caveman2Cosmos directory, I'm not able to update in tortoise svn anymore, so reinstallation seems not possible
Did you set up your SVN inside of the Civ4 mod folder? Try creating a new SVN download somewhere else.

With SVN you can select "SVN clean up" in the context menu to restore it to its supposed state.

If you are unable to do "clean up" after deleting all the content, then you will have to do SVN checkout again.
Did you set up your SVN inside of the Civ4 mod folder? Try creating a new SVN download somewhere else.
Best to have it directly in the BtS/Mods folder really.

Should the "C2C SVN Changelog" instructions be updated? It tells you to create a separate SVN folder... Or are those developer specific instructions?

Should the "C2C SVN Changelog" instructions be updated? It tells you to create a separate SVN folder... Or are those developer specific instructions?
Those are some specific developer instructions who disagreed with some other specific devs ;) Toffer and I are of the school of thought that it's probably better to have the SVN updates capable of going directly into the mod folder when you update the SVN version. Part of the difference here is due to the old school need to respect that when files are removed and you're getting an entirely new version update, the old mod folder needs to be completely removed for a clean new download, but with the SVN, removed files and such are actually taken into account when the SVN version is updated.

I have a separate SVN folder because I tend to sometimes modmod some stuff myself, so it would clash and get overwritten by updates (or even cause trouble) if it was the same folder.
Best ongoing example: The bundle of additional civs, which edits at least one file in the mod, so I have to overwrite it each time I do a partial mod wipe due to updates.
But for someone who never modmods anything, I see no problem with having just one "always up-to-date SVN" folder, lol.

I have a separate SVN folder because I tend to sometimes modmod some stuff myself, so it would clash and get overwritten by updates (or even cause trouble) if it was the same folder.
Best ongoing example: The bundle of additional civs, which edits at least one file in the mod, so I have to overwrite it each time I do a partial mod wipe due to updates.
But for someone who never modmods anything, I see no problem with having just one "always up-to-date SVN" folder, lol.
Yeah, this is why I also have the SVN folder somewhere else, if one intend to nerd out then that makes sense, but if you intend to nerd out you will likely figure this out yourself anyhow, which is why I reccomend all who ask to just play from the SVN folder directly.
The one on this forum is somewhat outdated, though it works. There is another guide on git which is fresher. https://github.com/caveman2cosmos/Caveman2Cosmos/wiki/Using-SVN

With SVN you can select "SVN clean up" in the context menu to restore it to its supposed state.

If you are unable to do "clean up" after deleting all the content, then you will have to do SVN checkout again.

thx, this one helped, after reinstalling, city queues are again displayed correctly:)

Top Bottom