ICBM's & other nukes.

Mozzington

Prince
Hello all,

This might sound like a strange question when I tell you that I've had this game and all the expansions packs since day one but just last night I completed my first game of Civ 4. I usually get bored in modern era you see. The thrills in the early exploration/resource grabbing for me but I ended up having a really good game with Rome so saw it through to the end where I won a domination victory.

Anyway, not usually being one to play for long in the modern era I haven't had any experience of nukes so I built a few last night and used them. To tell you the truth when I used them on my enemies lands I expected his troops/workers/improvements to all be fried but nothing really happened. Just fallout plains? My question is what affect does this have on the enemy? Can he just not utilise fallout plains or does his population get unhealthy or anything? Are they worth using. Are ICBM's the best or do people use the tactical nukes instead?

Thanks in advance.

Try bombing the world with like 100 ICBM :D After that you can do whatever you want except mayby diplomatic since you will have like -150 you nuked uss and -150 you nuked our friends dilp :D

But to yorur question ICBM lowers population makes untis weaker and kill them (very effectiv versus huge armys). Thats the things I know atleast.

Nukes do big damage to all units in the blast and halve the population of the city they hit. They cause global warming but you can change that in the globaldefines.xml file.

Thanks for the speedy replies guys. Sounds like they are worth using then.

My other question then is do you tend to hit your targets directly or not? Should I aim the nuke directly at a city or a stack of troops or to a tile at the side of the city or troops?

All 5 squares within the radius of the nuke get his as hard as the nuke. Fallout squares screws your opponent over, because his city starves to death.

Check the Civlopedia for further info

Without ecology enemy workers can not get rid of fallout until it goes away on its own - the tiles are unworkable until then. If you nuke uranium for instance, the enemy can't make nukes even once he gets the tech ;).

Offensively, nukes badly damage the AI stack too. Two will pretty much eradicate ALL UNITS if you fire them one after the other.

I got a huge tech lead on my friend and nuked him into !@#$ - he had fallout everywhere and couldn't even garrison his cities :lol:.

Genv [FP];7046321 said:
All 5 squares within the radius of the nuke get his as hard as the nuke. Fallout squares screws your opponent over, because his city starves to death.

Check the Civlopedia for further info

5 squares? its 8 squares around the area of detenation.

Top Bottom