ICBMv2(v3) - At which point in the game can I actually build this ICBM?

Mahamudra

Chieftain
Hi. I have researched Advanced Ballistics, but still can't build this ICBM, I have 6 uranium spare and have of course also completed the Manhattan Project. At which point in the game can I actually build this ICBM? Or is something up with this MOD.?

This is in regards to ICBMv2(v3) by "stoirtap"

If this mod was made by anyone on this site, there'd be a thread for it in the Modpacks or Mod Components subforums, and you should ask in that thread.

If there's no thread, then most likely no one here has any clue what you're talking about.

But, I'll take one simple guess: if the mod is older than, say, March, and hasn't been supported since then, chances are there are some incompatibilities with the current game engine. These incompatibilities don't always cause things to crash outright, and might just make them work badly. So it could be that.

Barring that, no clue, because I've never heard of the mod.

I downloaded the mod to check out the problem. There are many. The mod wasn't broken by a patch, it never worked.

Okay, thanks takkyon. I will have to find my global-ranged ICBMs somewhere else...

I have a global-ranged ICBM mod in the HUB but I'm not sure if it still works from the December patch. It's called Advanced Missiles Mod, I've put its development on hold for now until the DLL is released, but it does have a working ICBM last I checked.

If all you want is a global-ranged ICBM, then it's easy enough to mod that yourself; just change the range on the nuclear missile to 99 instead of 12. The only headache is that you might want to modify the existing Bombardment.lua to not display range circles for anything with a range over 50ish hexes, because it starts doing funky things when the range wraps around the world.

Of course, the balance will be way off as a result, since there's no working nuke interception in the core game and no diplomatic reasons not to launch all of your nukes as a first strike. So it'd be devastating to game balance; the player would declare war on a civ, hit them with a half-dozen nukes from halfway around the planet, and the war would be over before it started.

My future-eras mod does include a range-99 nuclear missile, but it doesn't unlock until well after the first nuke-interception Project (SDI), and I'd also added a flat minimum interception chance for civs without SDI. So that first strike isn't nearly as devastating in my mod. But in the vanilla game, it'd be brutal.

(And just to be clear: the <NukeInterception> stub in the Projects table does not actually work. I had to code up a much more complex interception method.)

@ Spatz
Actually, the *correct* way to make the full-ranged ICBM is to make the ICBM range to -1. It lets it not only target every tile on the map no matter the map size, but it gets rid of the annoying range circles. It was this way in Civ IV too that in XML -1 represents infinity.

Top Bottom