Idea: Multiple Forbidden Palaces

Sinapus

Defenestrated
Make them the equivalent of a provincial, state or district capital.

I'm just not certain if it's as simple as setting the iMaxPlayerInstances flag to -1 or if I'll have to add an entry in Civ4SpecialBuildingInfos for it like the religious cathedrals do.

I'm thinking up the courthouse requirements a bit, and maybe increase the city maintenance costs (for all the bureaucrats) and it might work out. Leave the Palace and Versailles without a maintenance increase so they'll still be valuable.

I'm trying out the settings so far with just altering the iMaxPlayerInstances flag, the courthouse requirement and the increased maintenance. Making it 20%, which might be too high, but I'm sure the reduced distance maintenance will compensate for it pretty well.

Try the -1 setting, and see what happens. ;)

Trying. I'll also have to see if my other changes hurt anything. First test: reboot computer, and see if AND loads w/o giving the nifty little xml errors.

(Finally finished the BuildingInfos.xml file. It's probably the most-changed file I use.)

RoM already has several wonders that work as government centers like Forbidden Castle - Alhambra, Edinburgh's Castle... probably couple other too.

I was going more for national wonders that any civ can get if it gets big enough and builds enough courthouses.

I was going more for national wonders that any civ can get if it gets big enough and builds enough courthouses.
Rise and Rule mod in Civ 3 had Summer Palace...

Speaking of palaces i miss Palace building thing from early civs, where people would decorate it :)

I think one palace per 6-8 additional courthouses would be good

Top Bottom