Ideas to revive the Civ2 Demogame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we could start a multi-site Democracy game. If we can find some other civ2 sites (like apotholon, gamecatcher, Civgaming network) it will be very exiting. We already do this with 2 civ3 MSDG and I think it will be cool for civ2.

I haven't seen enough interest that looks like we could carry a game from beginning to end.

Most people don't seem to be able/willing to play through a game as it is. The biggest issue I have heard about is that game moves too slowly, making it multi-site would only increase the time between turns that much more. :(

Actually, the more I look at it, the more the “Democracy Game” mirrors real life. Apathetic!

Hold the election in Florida and let the republicans run it!?!

Or perhaps a benevolent dictator? King George II?

Dilligaf? ROFLMAO!:rotfl:

Originally posted by Emp.Napoleon
Maybe we could start a multi-site Democracy game. If we can find some other civ2 sites (like apotholon, gamecatcher, Civgaming network) it will be very exiting. We already do this with 2 civ3 MSDG and I think it will be cool for civ2.

There was a multi-site demogame about 18 months ago between CFC, GC and Poly (GC won very quickly if I remember correctly). The second game never got off the ground - probably because the first CivIII MSDG started. There's currently two CivIII demogames these sites are involved in. ( http://cdgroup.org are hosting them)

I suppose there's nothing to stop you finding out what sort of interest other sites might have in participating in a game, but you'd need to be prepared to put in the time organising it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom