If Great Spies are so great, why is everyone informed of their coming?

BobTheTerrible

Just Another Bob
Not a major issue by any means, but I always find it funny when the event log announces the birth of a great spy in a rival civ. I guess it makes sense, but it just seems to me that a great spy, if he was really that good, shouldn't be announced to the world.

Anyone else agree?

The really great spies, like James Bond, everyone has heard of.

But ,by some wierd reason, nobody recognises his name in the films when he introduces himself :p

On topic: GSpies shouldn't be announced, but they are GPs and making that Gspies didn't showed on would probably need a change on the code

You can tell when a Gspy is used (at least when he infiltrates an enenmy)because of the sudden surge of espionage points. And regardless of how the Gspy is used (xcept golden age) theres gonna be a spike in the espionage demographic.

You can tell when a Gspy is used (at least when he infiltrates an enenmy)because of the sudden surge of espionage points. And regardless of how the Gspy is used (xcept golden age) theres gonna be a spike in the espionage demographic.

That's another head scratcher, the espionage demographics :p

They're great because you know they're coming, but you still can't do a thing about it.

They know the moment you catch the spy you will rig up some ridiculously silly way to kill him leaving the room before you watch him die thus giving him opportunity to escape and foil your plans.

probably need a change on the code

Change the CODE! You nearly made me faint! You don't just "Change the code" all willy nilly, why that would be reserved for something like a commercial expansion pack :rolleyes:

Because they are great...

Everybody! great spy is here! Worship my greatness! I just stoled your wallet!

They know the moment you catch the spy you will rig up some ridiculously silly way to kill him leaving the room before you watch him die thus giving him opportunity to escape and foil your plans.

Be sure to give him a ten minute lecture on your evil scheme so he knows how to foil it.

Not a major issue by any means, but I always find it funny when the event log announces the birth of a great spy in a rival civ. I guess it makes sense, but it just seems to me that a great spy, if he was really that good, shouldn't be announced to the world.

Anyone else agree?

It is also somehow sad.
From birth on it is predetermined that the boy will become a great spy when he is grown up.
What if the poor guy, despite his talents, doesn´t want to become a great spy but rather wants to be a musician or a doctor? :mischief:

It is also somehow sad.
From birth on it is predetermined that the boy will become a great spy when he is grown up.
What if the poor guy, despite his talents, doesn´t want to become a great spy but rather wants to be a musician or a doctor? :mischief:
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :lol: :lol: :lol:
one of the best comment ever :goodjob:

i always find it irritating when they announce great persons, be it spies or prophets, when it is in another country its none of my business, and the popup is annoying hehe

Actually, James Bond is a rather terrible spy. He announces his real name to everyone he meets, he almost always gets caught, and he rarely returns with any bit of relevant information, since he's usually destroyed the situation by the time he returns.

Honestly, I can't tell why M doesn't just fry his sorry behind.

yea right who has a cool name like James bond. It's most likely Milton Carwinkle or something. No wonder he lies about it.

yea right who has a cool name like James bond. It's most likely Milton Carwinkle or something. No wonder he lies about it.

Completely off topic: James Bond is a real name. Ian Fleming when started to write the First novel about 007, was reading a book of a ornithologist named.... James Bond :D . He thinked the name was cool and used it.

I was only joking :D But really what kinda spy would use his real name? How can you deny all knowledge of an individual when he is out throwing his real name around Laf.

Top Bottom