If I accept a treaty while in there territory do I get evicted?

kaio37k

Chieftain
I'm currently in a huge battle with Washington (go figure) I'm being offered a treaty for gold and other resources, but will only accept if I keep my positioning (after I accept)
in there territory.
Any help would be great, Thanks!

The answer is no. Your units get moved out of there territory immediately after treaty is accepted.

I think you could stay if you add "open borders" to your list of peace demands, but I don't recall every doing that, so don't quote me on it. :p

Why would you want to keep your positioning? If it were possible, I can imagine there'd be quite a diplomacy hit. I've also never tried to add open borders to a peace treaty, as there's generally no reason to. You sound like you want to keep your positioning, make a few more units, then declare war again. I wouldn't be surprised if every other civ dow'd you just because it's a move.

That's exactly what I was going to do (give or take 20 moves). Seems to be the best to take out City-States. But it did not work :p

Why would you want to keep your positioning? If it were possible, I can imagine there'd be quite a diplomacy hit. I've also never tried to add open borders to a peace treaty, as there's generally no reason to. You sound like you want to keep your positioning, make a few more units, then declare war again. I wouldn't be surprised if every other civ dow'd you just because it's a move.

Your war could be for the purpose of opening their borders, how about that.
But you need embassies for open borders and embassies are undone when war is declared.

There are reasons for wanting open borders after a peace treaty, though I'm not sure it's the case with OP but I often found myself in a situation where I wanted that.

Typical case: The enemy has a city blocking the only path to the outer sea from my main coastal city. When they refuse to open borders because they hate me, you can be pretty sure that I will DoW them, as if I can really accept to be locked there because of their water expansion. So let's say they then plead for peace, sure I can accept, if you let my ships pass! You don't, well then I guess I'm going to refuse your offer and take your city. Sorry!

Another case: Their cities are right between me and someone that I really need to kill to prevent him from beating me into a science victory or whatever. I actually have nothing against them specifically but I need my army to pass through their territories, I would gladly sign a treaty of peace if they only could give me open borders in exchange, but they won't, so: "I'm deeply sorry but I'm going to take a few of your cities, nothing personal."

u cant .also no open border will be available since war cancels embassy which is one turn request

Top Bottom