If you could return this game at full price, would you?

• Yes

Votes: 118 37.2%
  • No

Votes: 199 62.8%

• Total voters

lordsurya08

class-A procrastinator
Just wondering.

Probably, yes.

I find that it lacks so much when compared to civ4. I am not even referring to religion or espionage or other features. What this game lacks is interesting choices about what tech to research next, who to ally with, where to proceed next, etc.

BtS is so much more fun, that I would happily wait for another year or two to see what the fans think of the game then. I will not likely buy a game on release again.

only if I bought it on discount, which would mean I would make a profit, and buy it again when on discount... I did not see that option in the poll though :p

I've played 170 hours or so, so that is pretty good value, better than I got from my last Wii game which I haven't touched. Civ is good value for the money for the fans. I've also bought all the DLC civilizations. I've never been a map or scenario guy, I run random most things.

Played Civ I from "day one" - yeah, that was 20 years ago, and my conclusion (unequal "opinion"):

Granted, original Civ V is targeted for an infantile, egomaniac and imbecile audience - the "paying customer" aka "cash cow".
Moderator Action: Don't troll other users.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

But modded Civ V is beating every previous Civ.
Try it out, there are so many mods out there you can't play through all of them in a lifetime.

I was lucky not to buy it. If I had, then I'd return it, since my reasons for not buying it haven't been fixed or otherwise addressed. So I can't vote, the poll has no option that reflects my position.

No, I played it last night and enjoyed it. Granted, at this point, I've gotten a lot of value out of it, so returning it would be the same as making money, but I still feel there's a lot more to play.

Possibly.

I suppose I still have some irrational hope that Thal or someone else will make it "click" one day.

I bought it for $20, I'd totally return it full price!

And then buy it on sale again. Profit!

I didn't pay a cent for my copy, so I'd get nothing back!

Looks like we have a winner!.:goodjob: Hands down the most enjoyable post I've ever read on this sight; I Wish there were thousands of them...

Don't mind the beta condition the game was released in, but I do mind having been manipulated into paying for it. A LOT.

Return the beta If I could? Absolutely....with no lube and extreme velocity.:sad:

Kind of a strange question, considering that "full price" means different things at different times, and there's a sunk cost and time spent playing the game which you can't "get back".

But to try and answer the question, I would not return my copy, because I have derived more than $50 of enjoyment out of the game so far, and I believe that I will continue to get enjoyment out of it in the future.

No. Of course not. What a strange question, at least to my perception. If you are not trolling, then what kind of discussion are you actually looking for? Just wondering.

Top Bottom