If you could return this game at full price, would you?

• Yes

Votes: 118 37.2%
  • No

Votes: 199 62.8%

• Total voters
Speak for yourself. Thal's Balance mods keep getting better, as well as incorporating other mods. To call it thriving would be an understatement.

Ohhh... A balance mod? Isn't that like a glorified bug fix? (No offense to Thal, it's Firaxis fail here). I wouldn't call Bug Fix mods exactly thriving.

Where are the real mods, like FFH? Don't say they take time, by this time with Civ4, FFH was already in the early states of dev.

Ohhh... A balance mod? Isn't that like a glorified bug fix? (No offense to Thal, it's Firaxis fail here). I wouldn't call Bug Fix mods exactly thriving.

Where are the real mods, like FFH? Don't say they take time, by this time with Civ4, FFH was already in the early states of dev.

Since you clearly don't know everything that TBC does, but have your own highly specific definitions of what a mod is and isn't, I don't expect to change your mind. It seems nicely set.

Since you clearly don't know everything that TBC does, but have your own highly specific definitions of what a mod is and isn't, I don't expect to change your mind. It seems nicely set.

I think the Civ3 mod forum is about on par with the Civ5 one. I don't agree that Civ4 modding is "going strong," even it seems to have petered out, but I really don't think we're going to see much more than Thal's stuff.

They need to give us the stinking SDK already.

They need to give us the stinking SDK already.

I figure they're waiting until they finish the game for that...

No, I would not seek a refund, because I got about 300 hours of fun playing it, and I enjoy the soundtrack. So I figure I got a fair deal. In terms of entertainment hours/ dollar.

That being said, in addition to the fun, afterward there were many additional hours spent playing in a frustrated state, vainly hoping for an insight and a solution to make V a worthy successor to the series. In that regard it's been a disappointment and a disgrace. It didn't live up to it's own hype.

I would like to be able to trade/ resell the game, but more as a way of protecting a right than a desire.

Maybe V will be finished next year....

To be honest i think some people here are over reacting, i know that the game has problems but think about it this way, if some one who said they would sell it and sue in court played 200 hours, obviously theres some enjoyment. Say one hour is worth a dollar. 50 hours would pay for its self, if some one truley hated the game they wouldn't even play it for 20 hours. I think that it would be an arragant move to sell the game when so many more patchs are coming and mods. Also note that if a civ 6 comes out think of all the things that may be dropped out of civ5 if the company listened to the protests. They may get rid of stacks and policys, civ 5 would be forever gone and would be good for memory's

So please regard this and if you really dont like the game thats fine just dont say the game is marketed at idiots and newbs, again ive said this before if you dont like the ai PLAY MULTIPLAYER, that is where all the true fun is.

Just to muck up the results I voted yes even though I love the game having played 150+ hours so far.

The reason is my PC sucks (min specs or below) and struggles to run the game (got civ5 as a gift) and I just can't bear to play at the moment because of slow speed.

Plus being from Australia was ripped off by regional prices.

Not sure what I would do with my hypothetical money back....

if you dont like the ai PLAY MULTIPLAYER, that is where all the true fun is.

That's a rather gross oversimplification of all the dozens of totally different ways in which people are enjoying Civ games, don't you think?

Personally, the matches I enjoy most (in Civ and many similar games) involve super-huge maps, dozens of rivals, and a very slow playing style (taking time to name landmarks, or to name units after important battles they fought, etc.). So when I have my next week off and want to sink 16 hours per day into a Civ game again - are you really suggest that I should do this in multiplayer? I guess I'll have no difficulties whatsoever in finding dozens of people who want to play exactly the same settings in exactly the same way, who all magically have time to spare whenever I do, who never quit or lose interest, who aren't disgruntled in any way if I let the game rest for some weeks, and who are _all_ eager to continue playing when I take it up again later? Since "Multiplayer is where all the true fun is", I shouldn't have any difficulties in doing my personal "most fun" way of playing this way in multiplayer, right? Or are you actually telling that I've played these games for decades in a way that can't be fun for me, and that you know better than me which kind of games I enjoy? Which is it, I'm curious. :)

yah your right, geez, i like multiplayer better it was a offer, if you hate multiplayer thats fine with me i play it to avoid the AI.

yah your right, geez, i like multiplayer better it was a offer, if you hate multiplayer thats fine with me i play it to avoid the AI.

I play SP to avoid Gabriel's Theory.

(I'd link, but source contains profanity so it might be deemed inappropriate. Google will find it easily, though.)

Excellent rebuttal. You managed both to not answer me, and appear holier than thou.

I play SP to avoid Gabriel's Theory.

A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of two or three dimensions - if only we lived in one. ;)

Obscure references aside, I know (and partly share) the sentiment. But isn't the posting of this specific theory in a discussion on a forum with thousands of anonymous members somewhat self-defeating? ;)

Of course not, it has been a quality single player game and I have got my moneys worth from it. Improvements are welcome and I too have been insulted by dumb A.I. on many occasions. I have also found myself deeply immersed by the game on many occasions.

Top Bottom