I'm on a boat... a rowboat!

Bezurn

Prince
Embarkation speed in this game seems painfully slow. Playing on a water map, the movement of units between continents can take a very long time. I would hope some of the techs would increase the base embarkation speed of units, but sadly none do. If you are trying to send an army or settlers to a distant land it takes 10+ turns.

I hope they increase the movement of embarked units via technology upgrades. If not that is something I'd consider modding in. Late game units in Civ 5 can move 4-5 spaces, so it seems like I'm on a rowboat when sailing the seas in this game.

It is painfully slow. In general, I find that military units move far too slowly. And there isn't any upgrades to it. Take a SABR, for instance, a great military unit on paper, but far too slow for my taste to really use for anything. Maybe with a teleporter it could be useful.

A mid game tech that grants extra embarkation speed would indeed be most welcome.

Generally I think exploration should be done faster. I don't see a reason not to. Why not make explorer move say 3 tiles. Later mid game to late game you have other things to do and it's annoying not knowing another, or even yours, continent after 100 or so years on the planet.

And yes I agree, embarked units should go up to at least four tiles, I also think there's no reason why explorer's boat can't be faster than military unit's. One carries an explorer, other carry a battalion (or whatever 1 unit stands for) of soldiers, tanks etc.

Maybe it's just a function of game speed but, playing on a Massive map at Marathon speed I had most of the map searched by turn 300.

The colonists all land in space craft yet you have no aerial recon at all in the game. The Tacjet is defense only for ranged attack to help protect cities. There is a whole section of techs missing in regard to flight. Was the helicopter forgotten by the time the colonist left earth or even a hovercfaft?

Big hole here in regards to aerial units that orbitals don't cover. And makes exploration dependent upon sea and land units only? C'mon Man!

JosEPh

In the late game you can teleport so at that point sea transports are outdated:scan:

Great for "late" game but stinks for the rest of the game.

JosEPh

I like the fact that between the speed and the sea aliens, intercontinental stuff requires effort and planning.

hard to get orbital coverage on another continent

I love how the Xeno-Titan and ANGEL transform into these tiny little rowboats when they go into deep water :crazyeye:

Top Bottom