[BTS] IMM & Deity lets play collection thread - Henrik

Glad to hear it, wasn't actually sure about this series as I did make a few mistakes and a sub optimal optics date (fine date for imm I guess).

espionage culture victory is probably possible but veryyy slow and tedious so not something I'd want to do, mind you, you do need to attack people and lower their units down to less than 4 defenders for the city to be able to flip according to Sullla.

couple of maps I posted in Discord on semi ISO with aggressive neighbour

First is Churchill...

Immortal, Fractal, Semi Iso, High sea level, NHNE all standard settings apart from High sea level

Attachments

• Churchill Semi Iso.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    372.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 26
Second Map is Charlie Semi Iso with a very aggressive Neighbour

This one all standard settings, Immortal, Medium sea level NHNE

Attachments

• Burger_Semi Iso.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    377.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 25
Hi. Here is an Iso inmortal map if you wanna give it a try. NH, NE, NTT. You may get to meet one or two AI before optics though
Spoiler image of the start :

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

Attachments

• Asoka iso.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    377.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Are AIs less likely to declare war at "pleased" versus "cautious"? I mean for those that - - can - - declare at pleased. How much does power rating change the equation?

What I mean is, for a leader that can declare at pleased, will it reduce the power rating you need to maintain to deter them from declaring? Is it worth it to get them to pleased even though they can declare at pleased?

Yes, too less likely. NoWarProb - which essentially cancels war declarations goes up. How much depends on the leader (can be found in leader trait sheets) - Shaka goes from 50% at cautious to 90 at pleased. 90% is quite good. 80% is the lowest at Pleased - for Alex, Monty, and some others.

For power rating - just don't bother since if you achieve a meaningful rating you should be attacking force.

Question about your latest game (Feb 13/14).
Spoiler :
Why didn't you do a conventional 2-city axe rush? Slam ten axeman into Moscow and hope for the best.

Spoiler :
Might have been better tbh I was a bit indecisive with pyramids. I think the impi rush worked out really well due to the mobility and striking cities quickly and bullying the chariots. but it could have been done earlier. Also going for civil service/philosophy was a mistake; it should have been astronomy double bulb after currency/calendar.

Spoiler :

I thought it was a hard map nicely played and you played well enough to win the map more often than not. The impi choke looked the right call to me. Better mobility meant for more effective choking, forking (so you could attack less well defended cities) and a chariot massacre. I’ve nothing to back this up but my impression is that by slaughtering her chariots you made her think “I don’t have enough chariots. I must build more”, which was perfect.

I think more often than not JC either doesn’t plot on you or only does so once, but stops when you beg. You were unlucky he decided to wait you out. That’s pretty rare when you beg as early as you did. If he doesn’t attack you, you had enough good land to win.

If there was a strategic mistake, it was not doing everything you could to get him to friendly. I’d have gifted him as many cities as I could get the liberation bonus from. (Not sure how many there would have been because I couldn’t count distance from capital on the video! But just 2 would have been plus 7 relations) I also think philosophy was the right call for the shared religion bonus. This was necessary to have any chance of getting JC to friendly even with city gifts. I agree CS was probably a mistake and using pacifism to get a double astro bulb would have been better (and probably not much slower than ignoring pacifism).

Wow that last deity attempt with Suleiman was brutal. Bad luck with barbarians and crappy capital, not to mention the typical "Shaka being Shaka."

Well I'm glad it happened because the latest Suleiman map is much more interesting I feel. Hope you guys enjoy.

For the record my favourite leaders are Hannibal, Mansa Musa, both Ottomans, both Egyptians, Isabella, Tokugawa and Justinian. Always happy to receive maps on these guys and it will probably appear on YouTube pretty fast.

Well I'm glad it happened because the latest Suleiman map is much more interesting I feel. Hope you guys enjoy.

For the record my favourite leaders are Hannibal, Mansa Musa, both Ottomans, both Egyptians, Isabella, Tokugawa and Justinian. Always happy to receive maps on these guys and it will probably appear on YouTube pretty fast.

Interesting that you personally rated Tokugawa in the worst tier, yet he is one of your favorite leaders to play. ^_^

Since you like Tokugawa, I digged up and found this old map, which AZ played on YT a long time ago. Gave this a spin myself. Looks challenging.

Top Bottom