[BTS] IMM & Deity lets play collection thread - Henrik

@Fish Man
Spoiler :
keep in mind I played the map blind without looking around in WB or watching some gamer play on a YouTube video first so I just settled capital on a whim and it's unfortunate I ruined cows/copper spot. I still got a half decent city on the wine in the late game for tank spam.

I think I got luckier with Diplo situation, and I didn't leverage or expect them to all avoid rifling like the plague. The stupid war with Cyrus took too long. Slowed down by unfortunate events of hammy capping to Charle while I was in the midst of the war.

We have two diff approach, you can say mine is the more economical, safer, investment way. I built up my economy before the war and had fun at 900bpt, because how rare are you that far ahead on deity lol thought it would be good to maximize the advantage. then I attacked after because my ultimate weapon in civ lategame is the tanks era nowadays, while you went and smashed them all with cannons, a more standard textbook approach. Also hey using planes and airports was pretty cool for once I thought.

Anyway gg well played, I will read it again before I play isolation next time definitely appreciate the written explanation.

PaCow lmao
Spoiler :

Yeah, fair enough - you couldn't have known about the copper and plains cow on t0.

Your economic approach is certainly unique, and I particularly liked this last week's series because it's playing iso in a way that I've never personally seen played out before, despite knowing was possible - the existence of maps like this, https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/nobles-club-269-gilgamesh-of-sumeria.667010/, clearly illustrates some islands are good enough to turtle until a lategame attack. I don't recall Lain having played like you did in isolation, ever; his wins always utilized the old cannons + rifles trick, and his losses...tried the same, but failed. Even when he finished the job with tanks, it was still after capping like 3 people. Still, I'm doubtful that throughout all possible iterations of this map, it's possible, because if lovefests happen instead of 3-way wars like your game, then the island may not be good enough to keep up in tech by yourself, even as Pacal (and you won't know which one's the case until contact).

Looking forward to the next! Also, a series playing the Charlie immortal NTT iso map that was posted here a few days ago would be...fun/painful :crazyeye: .

Spoiler :
the charle one is harder than lains toku deity isolation, immortal is brutal if you have trash land the ai are given double gems/gold

I stopped at 1500AD and retried a bunch of times with various strats but no luck on retries, might continue from attempt 1 or keep trying

Me thinks if you go for cultural victory from T0 immortal iso is close to autowin. But it has been a while since I've tried that.

Sorry Henrik I have to disagree. Konata's immortal Charlemagne NTT isolation map is not harder than Lain's deity Tokugawa isolation map.

You can read the disussion. I think there is another reason not discussed. Something to do with the map.

Spoiler :

The AIs are split 3-3 on two continents but accessible via sailing after cultural borders expanded. They have been operating on "intercontinental trade routes" since the early game. Thus the AIs were much faster than even deity AIs usually are.

When you have time, may I please have the map of the latest immortal NTT game? I watched Part 1 but not the rest.

Sorry Henrik I have to disagree. Konata's immortal Charlemagne NTT isolation map is not harder than Lain's deity Tokugawa isolation map.

You can read the disussion. I think there is another reason not discussed. Something to do with the map.

Spoiler :

The AIs are split 3-3 on two continents but accessible via sailing after cultural borders expanded. They have been operating on "intercontinental trade routes" since the early game. Thus the AIs were much faster than even deity AIs usually are.
Spoiler :
Fair enough, intercontinental trade routes do really speed up the tech pace, we saw it in my suleiman game where stupid willem won lib at 50BC while im semi isolated wondering wtf is going on.

The charle map has its own issues just having the slowest, most awful starting land ever, and no happiness resources to pick up later, and very limitted health.

Boudicca Isolation imm no tech trade
I watched your first episode on this map and, at least, there are tiles to improve :lol:
I agree with most of your early decisions. I believe sometimes you're too intent on fogbusting all tiles at all times. This leads you to do things like planting "x" signs with half the city's tiles in the fog. Sure, it can backfire, but scouting thoroughly to uncover the best city sites and a proper set of city order + placements comes with its own benefits. When its enough to move 2-3 more turns to uncover all tiles, I'd definitely do that before putting a unit on sentry duty. City 3 likely could have been planted sooner but it's no big deal in the grand scheme of things :)
Also, you do a good job accomplanying playing with commentary (which is not easy !).

Edit : I recall you got a 8/8xp unit...
You need to give the promo to unlock the Heroic Epic but, when that is done, you can use the unit to fight. Even if you lose it, the HE will still be unlocked. The important thing is to give the promo. (Lose a unit at 8/4xp and the HE will not be unlocked.)
On barbs again, I'm not sure what the values are on Immortal (spawn, enter borders, etc.) but it helps a lot to have precise knowledge of those things, since it helps calibrate early expansion around them (can afford more settlers/workers if the barb rush is still turns away).

Last edited:
@Lain Hey man, I posted a debrief in the comments on your Sitting Bull part 5 video.
But basically, the ingame music should not cause the video to get blocked anymore (it used to happen about 2 years ago and before), it seems there's some copyright changes and instead it just causes the claimer to now run ads in the video instead. However, this makes your video ineligible to be monetized. As my channel crossed 1000 subs, I still wanted to make a little bit of money to buy a candy bar with while playing my favorite game and enjoying its music.

So, I've gone and tracked down the original songs first performed that were then modified and used in civ IV. The original songs, mostly, are out of date to be copyrighted and are considered "public domain". This means there's no copyright owner, and it's free for anyone to use. In the past few months I have used a play list of these songs and they sound VERY similar to the in-game ones just slightly lower quality or different volumes. I have them in a special folder somewhere in the civ folder, so when I reach medieval era I just select the custom folder for music and play those ones. The nice thing is about custom music is that it still keeps the regular diplo screen music or zoomed in city music too.

Also are you saying that like there's a couple songs in medieval onward that are getting copyright striking so you just make a playlist without those?
Or are you saying that since Firaxis modified them in trivial ways that redid the copyright strike but you can dodge it with the originals? I'm surprised YT's filter is that nuanced.
Either way I guess it's tempting to make your own playlist which can include your own fav public domains + some civ mixed in.

There should be an option for the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ theme to play when you build a Privateer

You should not get any copyright strikes or blocked videos from the games music.

But yes, the original songs before firaxis modified it, you can find them on Wikipedia and even download the mp3 directly from there. The current in-game soundtracks should not be blocked but will just make your video unable to be monetized.

Hi @Henrik75 will you be returning to Nappy anytime soon, as I think you lost the one game you did as him. I know he has a bad UB and also the UU is not usually used much as people generally don't use Muskets, but his traits are ok (ish), but he seems a leader that most people avoid for some reason (unlike charly and Toku who are both weaker IMHO)

Sury, up to T56:

Spoiler :

Sury loss.png

The only way I could see my cities generate half-decent commerce was The Great Lighthouse. With that in mind, I got the first two cities how I wanted them, effectively blocking off room for two more cities with a bit of food each, and also securing Marble.

Great Lighthouse would need four more forests chopped (and then whipped), so with two Workers I'm looking at T64-65 here. Not safe, but doable.

However, right now Toku has attacked with a stack of eight (Axes/Spears) after showing a red fist for maybe three turns. I couldn't even see his stack without Open Borders, and I don't have Bronze (and only one Warrior total anyway). So let's put this down as a loss.

Top Bottom