Impossible Apostles

Zaimejs

Emperor
Can anyone explain how it is possible for a player to have this many apostles at once? I am not doing religion this game, but I have gone full religion in other games and maybe... 10 apostles at once... and that was a stretch. I swear... this is just what he has on my continent... it is impossible. Right?

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 1.41.01 AM.png

I suppose these are Khmer apostles. Just read carefully their bonuses and you'll know, why they're swimming in faith.
From Civ VI wiki:
Grand Barays: +3 Faith and +1 Amenity for cities with an Aqueduct. +2 Food for Farms adjacent to an Aqueduct.
Jayavarman VII's unique agenda is called An End to Suffering. He likes civilizations that have Holy Sites and a high average city Population, and dislikes civs that are lacking in either of these areas.

I see they have quite a few cities. Check how many of them have Holy Sites and Aqueducts. I bet, quite a lot all of them.
Their Prasat which replaces a Temple give their missionaries Martyr promotion. Check in the deal negotiation screen how many relics they have. I bet, almost all of them.
That is already huge faith output.
How many city states are religious in your game and how many envoys do they have in them?
Check their religion - what pantheon they have and what enhancer beliefs?
What is their government - probably Theocracy?
See what Scripture and Simultaneum policy cards can do.

With so many cities as I can see here and the game date being what it is, no wonder that Jayavarman has a bit of faith to spare for a few dozens of apostles and then some :)

I see its 1844, so quite far in the game. A human player (if this is MP) can have dozens of apostles at that time, even a religion focused AI can. If you really focus on faith and save all your apostles (heal them when damaged and don't use their last charge) you can get A LOT. Usually you will have won by 1844 if you do so though. :)

The weirdest part is that they seem to have two promotions, which means the AI produced them all with Moksha (or the Mont Saint Michel does that too maybe ?)

The number of cities is unusual. With a holy site in each, and three religious city states, you would indeed have massive faith, but it remains impressive.

I see the Khmer started on an isolated island, Maybe it generated the apostles all game and they couldn't convert other cities because they didn't discover cartography yet. I once had a similiar situtaion once with Georgia on a tiny map. When i discovered them their complete landmass was filled with apostles but they didn't do anything if all cities are converted to their religion. Probarly they are now sending all apostles they saved all game.

The weirdest part is that they seem to have two promotions, which means the AI produced them all with Moksha (or the Mont Saint Michel does that too maybe ?).

Mont St. Michel does it. You get Martyr for free and can choose a second promotion. With Moksha and St. Michel you can have Apostels with three promotions AFAIK.

Top Bottom