Inactive UI bug

bobbin

Chieftain
I am constantly getting a UI bug at random points during play (vanilla BE), when it happens most if not all of the UI suddenly becomes unresponsive and leaves me stuck. It doesn't seem to have pattern to it, and its w

The weird thing is the game runs fine otherwise, no freezing or lag, I can scroll about the map and animations are still playing, everything else is normal. Even the UI effects from pressing buttons work (playing sounds, lighting up etc when i click on them), there is just a complete breakdown of the UI's function. Sometimes only part of it is disabled, other times pretty much everything is, but when ever it happens it stops me from playing and I have to restart the game.

I've actually seen this bug in every version of BE, but after BERT came out its become so frequent its game braking. Before BERT it might happen once in every 10 hours of play, and i could still use the menu to save my game before restarting BE, but now i'm lucky if I can play 30 mins without it happening and have to Alt-F4 to quit.

It doesn't seem to have pattern to it, and its while its similar to the diplomacy screen bug it not that as it happens at any point of play, be it on the main map view, the unit upgrade screen, tech tree etc, the only consistent thing about now it is that it will happen eventually.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Top Bottom