Increase Workable Tile Radius

bostonbongrips

Chieftain
One of my favorite mods from Civ 5 was @Porthaky 's mod that increased the city radius from 3-5 allowing you to work all the tiles within a maxed out city's borders. I would love to have this option for Civ 6 but I know nothing about creating mods. Do any of you awesome modders have an idea on how to do this?

Thanks

I'm nor sure this is possible without dll access, doesn't seem to be any database related entries for it. There is also the small draw back on not being able to swap tiles to a new city that are next to another cities city center district.

In civ5 increasing the workable tile range from a city required an updated dll. even though there was a Define for the workable range in the civ5 xml it was ignored.

there is a global parameter for this in civ6's xml but this may be another case of not moddable without being able to mod the dll, which as yet has not been released.

[edit]

the GlobalParameter in Civ6 for max 3 tiles out a city can purchase is called "CITY_MAX_BUY_PLOT_RANGE". Increasing it to 4 as I did here is implemented into the game's database but has no actual alteration in-game:
Code:
	<GlobalParameters>
		<Update>
			<Where Name="CITY_MAX_BUY_PLOT_RANGE" />
			<Set Value="4" />
		</Update>
	</GlobalParameters>
There is no seperate parameter for workable tile range, so it all appears to be locked up and hard-coded in the game's dll, although it might be possible to adjust the parameter and then re-write the city tile-purchasing interface to allow purchasing tiles out to 4 or more tiles. But working them looks like it is a no-go until we have access to the game's dll.

Last edited:
the GlobalParameter in Civ6 for max 3 tiles out a city can purchase is called "CITY_MAX_BUY_PLOT_RANGE". Increasing it to 4 as I did here is implemented into the game's database but has no actual alteration in-game:

It appears I stand corrected, there is a database entry for it, my apologies.

However, as LeeS says though, whether or not it actually does anything is another matter.

Thanks for the notes, looking forward to the dll getting released as it seems like that will unlock a lot for modders.

The bad news is it was over 2 years before the Civ 5 DLL became available to modders. Around the beginning of Nov 2012 in fact. The SDK was release within a few weeks of Civ 5 release, so if that info is anything to go on, we could be in for a very, VERY long wait.

Are there any changes now in 2022? I actually tried doing something with DLLs i had, but nothing worked. Is there a way now?

Nope, no way still unfortunately.

this mod now add a building that let you work 4 and 5th ring, but i look the code and its a complicated system, and i dont think it let you make districts

Top Bottom