IndieStone D.U.C.K.S mod

How is the AI going to handle founding religions, with regard to the names? Will you use real world religions (and if so will different civs have a preference for anything in particular)? Or create your own imaginary names, or even have a function that creates random names on the fly?
Also, will different civs have different preferences with regards to how their religions progress? I.e. will they have a 'favourite' feature(s), or something like that (arabs prefer monotheism, indians polytheism, aztecs like sacrificial themes etc), or simply customise the religion based upon the advantages that it would bring according to their situation? (this feature gives me more of X, which I am currently lacking etc.).

How is the AI going to handle founding religions, with regard to the names? Will you use real world religions (and if so will different civs have a preference for anything in particular)? Or create your own imaginary names, or even have a function that creates random names on the fly?
Also, will different civs have different preferences with regards to how their religions progress? I.e. will they have a 'favourite' feature(s), or something like that (arabs prefer monotheism, indians polytheism, aztecs like sacrificial themes etc), or simply customise the religion based upon the advantages that it would bring according to their situation? (this feature gives me more of X, which I am currently lacking etc.).

That's precisely why they're waiting for the DLL.

I bless this Mod in the name of whom-ever you Pray to.

Hope its gets a release soon, sending good thoughts to Lemmy ;)

They want the ai to know how to use this system at all. Otherwise the ai will just ignore it every time.

They want the ai to know how to use this system at all. Otherwise the ai will just ignore it every time.

I understand that lol. I'm just asking what, ideally the AI will do when it comes to making a religion. What you'd LIKE them to do, I understand that getting them to know the system will be difficult, but assuming you manage it, what then? I'm sure you know what I mean :p

Any news on this? I would love to have this mod... hopefully it would enrich the gameplay much more, as for now Civilization V is kinda bland.

There have been moments in my online life when I've found myself wondering if I witnessed a death, and didn't know it.

CaptainBinky would have had to been in the car with him.

I think they just decided to bounce to another project for the time being. Hopefully anyway. Anyone have a link to their blog?

Perhaps this mod could eventually incorporate a linguistics system, allowing you to choose the general sound palate, syntax, writing system, and other factors of your language, making diplomacy with those whose languages are similar easier, and harder with those whose language differs vastly, although it probably wouldn't affect late-game diplomacy too much.

for example, with writing, you could have:
The basic CAVE ART, which leads to IDEOGRAPHS, which splits into CUNEIFORM and HANZI-LIKE SCRIPT, and HANZI-LIKE SCRIPT can split into PURE SYLLABARY and HALF-HANZI (Like Japanese), and CUNEIFORM could have a single follow-up, LATINESQUE.

All this could go hand-in-hand with an espionage system, too. for example:
Use the previous example, Espionage is more difficult to conduct on a nation with HANZI-LIKE SCRIPT if the spy is from a nation that uses LATINESQUE.

Perhaps this mod could eventually incorporate a linguistics system, allowing you to choose the general sound palate, syntax, writing system, and other factors of your language, making diplomacy with those whose languages are similar easier, and harder with those whose language differs vastly, although it probably wouldn't affect late-game diplomacy too much.

im not a fan of this idea, it seems unnecessarily complicated for too little gain. besides, thats what translators are for :p

for example, with writing, you could have:
The basic CAVE ART, which leads to IDEOGRAPHS, which splits into CUNEIFORM and HANZI-LIKE SCRIPT, and HANZI-LIKE SCRIPT can split into PURE SYLLABARY and HALF-HANZI (Like Japanese), and CUNEIFORM could have a single follow-up, LATINESQUE.

All this could go hand-in-hand with an espionage system, too. for example:
Use the previous example, Espionage is more difficult to conduct on a nation with HANZI-LIKE SCRIPT if the spy is from a nation that uses LATINESQUE.
I don't know that that would be even worthwhile, from a historical perspective, to implement. In all of the first-time cultural contacts I'm familiar with, it did not take long at all for the different cultures to be able to communicate with each other. Can you name any examples where communication was a long-standing barrier to diplomacy?

I'm just thinking aloud. I see your point, though. perhaps if the idea was incorporated, it would be optional, or as a secondary mod.

Wow, awesome idea! I see you've put a lot of thought into this!

I would definitely like to help you out with this mod. And I dare say that it can be done without the DLL (some features may be easier to do with it, but I'm sure we can do it anyhow).

Let me know what you have already and I can apply my work to adding some lua scripting to bring it all together!

Top Bottom